1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Auction rules regarding accounts

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by Dragonfly, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Nothin but lemon memes Premium

Minecraft accounts: LemonMeme
    Reactions:
    +272
    I think that the way auctions are currently handled on accounts is rather flawed, this is how I think it could be improved.
    • People sometimes start a bidding war over a BIN. That's not how a BIN works, you hit it, you win, you shouldn't be able to bid over a BIN.
    • Offer system - This seems like an evasion of rules to me. Essentially, it's not an auction and the auction rules don't apply to the seller, but they do to the buyer, that doesn't seem fair to me. Buyers should be able to back out of offers if theirs hasn't been chosen by the seller.
    • New members shouldn't be able to partake in auctions until their account is a few weeks old. Reason being: I've seen a few auctions in the past where a new member started a bidding war, then got banned for evading or attempted scamming and then the person who was in the war with them gets left off with a bid 50$ higher than they originally had, essentially, the auction is upped and the buyer gets screwed.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. rocket0191

rocket0191 Business Consultant & Web Developer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +820
    If you hit the BIN, you don't immediately win. A BIN means "Buy It Now". That is the price the seller is willing to sell the item for immediately. If anything, once the first bid is place, the BIN should no longer apply.

Buyers are able to back out of "offers". Buyers are not allowed to retract bids.

Just thought I'd clarify those things.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Nothin but lemon memes Premium

Minecraft accounts: LemonMeme
    Reactions:
    +272
    rocket0191 Oh, that makes sense then. I still feel that should be clarified somewhere though, I saw a report threat for backing out of an offer earlier today, which resulted in the offer not being backed out on in fear of a warning.

4. Jimmy

Jimmy Active Member Banned Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Jimmy008
    Reactions:
    +437
    I wouldn't want to see this.

If the bidding war goes over the BIN, the bidding war continues until the specified end time. An offer system would be nice, but there is already so little amount of people totally backing out after making a huge offer. Now, I agree, there should be some requirements set to reply to threads. I've had some 0 message people offer to buy from me and get banned.

5. MelodyElodie

MelodyElodie Artist Premium

Minecraft accounts: MelodyElodie
    Reactions:
    +38
    I agree with the messaging if you have very few posts and only came recently.

6. Mick

Mick MC-Market Owner Administrator

Minecraft accounts: _______________
    Reactions:
    +2,288
    Twitter:
    @MichaelMcLevie
    This suggestion has been set to pending. I do agree that these changes should be made and I think that the best way to do them would be through an automated system

Fun fact: I did have an automated system for bidding developed a little while ago but it was discontinued. There's just a few bugs to fix ;) Here's the mockup design I made for it.
    [​IMG]

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List