1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion LWC with GreifPrevention

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shattered, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered

Shattered Well-Known Member Chat Moderator Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +1,740
    Many of the buildings in my town have multiple floors, and different people live on the different floors. The problem with using GreifPrevention is that it claims chests inside of claim blocks (which claims all floors of a house) GreifPrevention is not suitable for my town. This is why I am suggesting LWC so then users can just claim chests. I am a hater of GreifPrevention, I understand some other people like it (because they use it differently) so I don't want to see it removed. I just want to see LWC running along with it.

2. Jxor

Jxor Well-Known Member Premium

Minecraft accounts: Jxor Magnaflow
    Reactions:
    +439
    I agree with this, I do not use the grief prevention features as it limits me in my mind.
    So my chests are always unprotected, leading to assholes stealing shit, but LWC would perfectly fix that, wishing you'd add LWC.

3. Shattered

Reactions:
    +1,740
    Grief prevention also needs some config edits done to it.

Vexy placed a chest in a random area on the road (I dont know why, maybe accident) then he removed it.
    Well whats wrong with this? Greif prevention auto claimed the area.... So now there is a random claim on the road which no one can build in.

This also happened when scranK placed a chest inside of my hotel and it auto claimed a huge chunk of the hotel including the rooms below it.

Suggestion: Remove the autoclaim feature (as it is extremely annoying)

Now, I use pistons for many things, auto farms, doors, redstone machines.... more things than I can think of and mention. However whenever I placed a piston down it needs to be claimed in order to be used. This is extremely annoying as every time I placed a piston down and want to use it I have to go and setup one of these extremely annoying land claims and get 'claim blocks', then run commands so that other users can build inside of the claim, making the claim pointless.

Suggestion: Make it so we can use pistons without having to claim the thing

I just want to play the game without being bothered about this grief prevention plugin, especially when the plugin itself is causing more grief to users like me than it is 'preventing'.

4. Vexy

Vexy mineman surver Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: ImVexy
    Reactions:
    +1,692
    Twitter:
    @VexyIsSmexy
    I didn't mean to place it ;(

5. Jxor

Jxor Well-Known Member Premium

Minecraft accounts: Jxor Magnaflow
    Reactions:
    +439
    Hell dude, half my base would be redstone, now half my storage is because pistons only move blocks in claims.

6. Shattered

Reactions:
    +1,740
    Another good config edit would be so we can use enderpealrs inside of claims.

Also, I am getting really pissed that I keep getting my stuff stolen out of my chests inside of my hotel so hopefully LWC gets added soon.

7. Justis R

Justis R Godfather Resource Moderator Moderator Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +920
    Remove autoclaim feature suggestion - Accepted
    Make it so pistones can be used outside claims - Accepted
    Ender pearls usable within claims - Accepted (Requires ownership or access trust)

LWC has not been added. It cannot replace grief prevention and is unnecessary, and overcomplicates things as an addition to it.
    I've talked to many members on the server in real time, and there is no demand for it at all.
    For now, LWC has been denied, I apologize.

But thank you for all of your suggestions, and feel free to make more and ask for community input!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.