1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offering BoostRAM ★ $20 UNLIMITED Minecraft Hosting ★ DDoS Protected

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by Switchbladed, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Switchbladed

Switchbladed Active Member Premium

Reactions:
    +213
    [​IMG]

Vouch Copies
    Vouch copies are available - if you're interested, please contact me in a PM. Vouch copies will only be offered to users with high reputation, so we reserve the right to deny any request.

Discount
    We're currently offering a 25% off code to celebrate our launch. Use "MCM5" for 25% ($5) off your order.

Website & Social Channels
    Our website: https://boostram.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/_BoostRAM
    Facebook: https://facebook.com/BoostRAM

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. 1amDev

1amDev Full Stack Developer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +645
    BoostRAM has amazed me. They provided a server that was far beyond my expectations. The server was quick and easy to use. Players loved being on my server. Also, BoostRAM is ran by a reliable and awesome owner that knows what he is doing. Vouch!

Best regards,
    Michael // 1amDev
    https://1amDev.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mathew

Mathew Active Member

Reactions:
    +253
    Unlimited ram? Not sure what you mean by this

4. Switchbladed

Reactions:
    +213
    We don't place any hard limits on RAM usage. There is an 8GB soft limit for new servers to prevent abuse, however we have developed a system that will automatically increase this as your server requires more memory. This is, of course subject to our fair use policy. Rather than offering many packages containing different amounts of RAM, we offer a single, unlimited plan, at a flat cost of $20.

5. Mathew

Mathew Active Member

Reactions:
    +253
    What is the highest the server ram can go up to? I am interest in this just curious how you make any profit out of this

6. CSxKING

CSxKING New Member

Reactions:
    +0
    BoostRAM is an excellent website for anyone looking to expand their Minecraft server by adding unlimited ram and storage to the table. It's easily set up and can be done in mere minutes, it's fast, and the customer service is amazing! Truly Genius.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Dobbs

Dobbs gang gang leader Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +98
    Twitter:
    @MineTalesLLC
    Unlimited Server's?

8. Switchbladed

Reactions:
    +213
    There is obviously physical limits - our nodes have a total capacity of 128GB of RAM. If necessary, we would meet the needs of an individual client if they were to require beyond this amount, however it is incredibly unlikely for a Minecraft server to use this much RAM unless something is seriously wrong with the server. This is why our fair use policy exists - generally the only reason a server would utilize that much RAM if it is specifically trying to use as much RAM as possible. This is also why a soft limit is set for new servers - it prevents this type of abuse.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---
    We don't offer unlimited servers. You would need to order additional servers at $20 each if you were to require more than one.

9. Mathew

Mathew Active Member

Reactions:
    +253
    Thats a cool idea. So does your system add and subtract ram when needed?

10. Switchbladed

Reactions:
    +213
    Currently the system will add RAM as it is require (before it is needed, so it won't affect your service). It will not subtract RAM - we may implement this if we find it is necessary. There are also safeguards in place to prevent users from having their RAM increased too quickly, however under regular usage, these should never be reached. This is something very new, so we will be tweaking the system over time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murtuza Rizvi

Murtuza Rizvi Appraiser Premium

Reactions:
    +60
    How do you guys not oversell? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. lol

lol Wow! Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Raisin Fumble Noisy
    Reactions:
    +241
    Sounds too good to be true.

13. Switchbladed

Reactions:
    +213
    We have some information about this on our "How It Works" page: https://boostram.com/how-it-works
    Servers are never overloaded - we have built a realtime server monitoring system that hooks into both our custom server wrapper, and custom WHMCS provisioning module. The system will automatically notify our staff of any high usage or issues, allowing us to resolve it promptly, before it causes any problems for our clients. Hooking into our WHMCS module means that when servers are activated, they can pick the best node, not only limited by the amount of servers per node, but also by resource usage. So, for example, if a single node was being well utilised by only 5 servers, our system won't set up a new server on this node.

14. Murtuza Rizvi

Reactions:
    +60
    So you also own Shockbyte?

15. Switchbladed

Reactions:
    +213
    Personally I do, however Shockbyte and BoostRAM are separate companies.

16. Murtuza Rizvi

Reactions:
    +60
    Why didn't you just add this to ShockByte? Just curious.

17. Switchbladed

Reactions:
    +213
    BoostRAM and Shockbyte are separate companies, with separate staff teams. Additionally, the server hardware is separate for each company. Shockbyte has it's own plans for new features, however this was not a route we wished to take for Shockbyte. BoostRAM was a project started by someone else in the industry back in 2015 - I ended up taking over shortly after. If you'd like to speak about Shockbyte, I'd be happy to talk to you through a PM (or on Discord).

18. Lolinator

Lolinator Active Member | CosmicoSkies Owner | I'm a GUY! Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: gunny43 ObviouslyRu 512mb
    Reactions:
    +557
    Holy cow, I have to say. This is freaking amazing! With 50+ plugins installed, five friends spamming world edit, and background plugins working, I am experiencing no lag what so ever. This is honestly amazing and I will most likely be switching my host! <3

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murtuza Rizvi

Reactions:
    +60
    Ah okay, understandable.

20. Zooply

Zooply Full-Time Professional Jackass Premium

Minecraft accounts: Zooply Welcomer
    Reactions:
    +109
    WOW! Pumped to use this in the near future!

• Like Like x 2