1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Middleman requirements

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by Targaryen, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Hussain

Hussain Verified Brit. Premium

Minecraft accounts: Smother
    Reactions:
    +465
    Looks like Doubt will have to get 4 more rep points, even though he's one of the most trustworthy members on the forum. Half of these rep points are $2 deals that no-one would scam for. Even though some of the more trustworthy people have less rep points. I believe they should be handpicked through certain people who have been here for a long time, non-toxic, and have done many high value deals. E.g Nerd @asa Doubt etc etc

lol he's YunoGang isnt he

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. Mick

Mick MC-Market Owner Administrator

Minecraft accounts: _______________
    Reactions:
    +2,288
    Twitter:
    @MichaelMcLevie
    That would be far more work and moderation. I understand that the reputation system was only recently introduced but then I guess that Doubt will have to do more deals to get more reputation or anything like that. The reputation system is the best way we have right now to determine whether someone is reputable. Along with at least +15 reputation I also think we should make it a 85% positive reputation or greater. (so out of the 15 total rep you have no more than 2 can be negative).

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 1
    • List
  3. Doubt

Doubt Middleman Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +1,846
    Pretext/Preface: I've done hundreds of deals but people seldom leave reputation (instead they vouch on my profile), and I feel like asking for it would be abusing the system (Which some members on here have done in order to gain large amounts of reputation). I've seen people leave reputation for deals below $5 wheras I have done deals of $400 EACH (with members such as rypeo, mick & nerd) but since they were before the reputation system there isn't tracked reputation for it, only vouches. That's a big hole in the reputation system, it being new.

I feel like Reputation could possibly be a good indicator for how trustworthy a member is, but it currently isn't for the following reasons.

Not specific
    (Reputations given are not specific so you don't know whether somebody was given reputation for "being HQ" or if the users actually did a deal.) I know you tried to make it work with the option to vouch as a buyer/seller/trader but it's still not specific.
    Instance of irrelevant non specific reputation - https://gyazo.com/2d88ae6419dbca869dbcf32dadd2472b
    Instance of relevant and detailed reputation - https://gyazo.com/0a7a19ba461e2d8118bd236f1cc01eaa (This reputation lists the item sold, who went first and the outcome/speed of the deal. It would help to also include the price paid for the item but it's still pretty detailed and would help users who are looking through reputation before dealing with a user.)

Easily Abusable
    As with most reputation systems, our one can be easily abusable. People can buy reputation offsite, and "groups" from around the forums can easily rep4rep each other in order to seem trustworthy. The Reputation system was also added far too recently for most members to even consider it relevant. e.g the user "Darkone" on here is easily one of the most universally trusted account sellers but only has 7 tracked deals which he received reputation for.

Ideas for a verified Middleman system

Below is a short list of possible ways to make sure Middleman are popular and/or handpicked by Staff.

Applications.
    Have an Application system (Much like UB3R Application on Hackforums) where a user must submit their account to a Staff member for review (Maybe you could get a Sectional Moderator to monitor the Middleman section of the Forums) and the Staff member will take a look at their account before accepting/denying the app. Maybe certified Middlemen could have a small award or a tag (Maybe they could be approved for the tag and would have to buy it with their own money to reduce their incentive to scam).

Handpicked by Staff
    Pretty much in the name. Staff can just scroll through the section and maybe once every couple months, round up X amount of members and vote for who should be allowed to Middleman. You could probably keep the amount of Middlemen to below 5 members and once again, possibly require a donation / loan which a Middleman could give to you and that you could then return to the Middleman when their service is done.

Pure Requirements
    You could just stick in some random requirements. I don't think it's a good idea but it would take minimal effort and stop new members trying to Middleman.
    e.g 1000 posts, 200 reactions, 10 "reputation", of which 95% has to be positive.

Might add to this later, but I hope to get some Feedback on it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    • Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 3
    • List
  4. yung bans

yung bans #YunoGang Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Carolyn
    Reactions:
    +1,101
    Don't agree with this, but i do with everything else, :tup:

5. Doubt

Doubt Middleman Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +1,846
    Yeah, it's a variety of ideas. Everybody will disagree with some of the points but I'm hoping there's one or two that everybody finds some sense in.

6. Seb

Seb Kappa Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Seb1929
    Reactions:
    +1,412
    Twitter:
    @Seeebbby
    Phewww i barely made the limit Kappa