1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Notify users when they post Imgur links.

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by Blasthappy, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Blasthappy

Blasthappy #LemonGang Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +410
    Hello MC-Market Community,

It is to my knowledge and I'm sure many others knowledge, that Imgur hosted images do not work on MC-Market. My suggestion is that MC-Market should have a notification box pop up when people paste/type imgur links when making a thread or post. This would appeal to newer members that may not know that Imgur images do not work on MC-Market. Hopefully some of you guys can agree with me on this!

Kind regards, Blasthappy.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 8
    • List
  2. HallOfShame

HallOfShame Member Banned

Reactions:
    +65
    Doge make this true!

3. Skionz

Skionz ogminecraft.com Premium

Reactions:
    +1,539
    Just think, if MCM could actually followed other websites terms of service they never would be in this situation and BeBosny wouldn't have to deal with this suggestion. I think it is a good lesson learned.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 1
    • List
  4. HTC

HTC Active Member Banned

Reactions:
    +295
    Its not that hard to open it in a new window, And albums do work from imgur to mcm.

Why people still use imgur, i dont know? Even prnt sc has their own image uploading now, I seriously dont get why people used imgur before ?

The easiest solution would'nt be a pop up box after the post is made imo

5. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +410
    A few things I would like to note:

I did not say that a popup box after the post was made, I said that it will auto-detect the link as you type, then show a popup box. Also, albums are pointless if you are trying to show 1 image or even a logo at the top of a thread. The whole reason for this feature is to make sure that people are informed when they try to post Imgur links.

6. HTC

HTC Active Member Banned

Reactions:
    +295
    lol. if people are too dumb to use imgur after they have seen it doesnt work they dont need to host their images..

Like who doesnt look at their thread after its made to be sure of no errors. Honestly it would be pointless to spend the money to develop an addon like this

7. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +410
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only the person that posts the link can see it fine. This is not a pointless feature, it helps the community overall. Think of how many times you see a thread with people using Imgur. Half of the time when that happens, they are a new member or not very active.

8. Samuel

Samuel Software Developer & CLI Junkie Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Programador
    Reactions:
    +594
    All that is realistically needed is an image proxy.

9. Mick

Mick MC-Market Owner Administrator

Minecraft accounts: _______________
    Reactions:
    +2,221
    Twitter:
    @MichaelMcLevie
    Good idea. I'll make this pending for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

10. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +410
    No problem. Thanks for listening!