1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Revive the resources section.

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by Blasthappy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Blasthappy

Blasthappy My birthday today. Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +415
    Many of you may or may not know about the resources section. If you don't, it is a section where you can post pre-made resources and sell them for money. Sounds awesome right? Well the problem is that it is not very popular. Many resources get lots of views but hardly any purchases. So I have a possible solution that will increase purchases upon resource threads and keep that section alive. Here's how.

The homepage displaying that section could be revamped from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

This would increase the amount of viewers due to it being larger on the homepage allowing for revival. It would also appeal to newer members as a way to contribute to the forums.

Just some thoughts. Please leave your feedback. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    • Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 27
    • List
  2. Justis R

Justis R Godfather Resource Moderator Moderator Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +904
    I agree, the resources section doesn't get nearly enough exposure for how beneficial it can be to the site and scam prevention.
    Each resource forum page should also have a "Submit resource" button at the top where "Post thread" would normally be.
    It would redirect to the same "Submit resource" page as the button on http://www.mc-market.org/resources/

There is the concern about our forums page being too large, however, because you can collapse entire sections, and that setting is saved for each member, it is easily reduced by those who prefer not to associate themselves with resources for whatever reason.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 4
    • List
  3. PluginSupport

PluginSupport Java Developer Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: PluginSupport
    Reactions:
    +282
    Twitter:
    @PluginSupport
    This is very much needed, great idea.

4. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    Thank you. Remember to rate the thread post agree. ;)

5. Myiume

Myiume Freelance Developer | Cisco Network Professional Resource Moderator Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Myiume
    Reactions:
    +719
    I agree that the resources forum should get its own category instead of having subcategories. It can easily be collapsed and it would get more exposure. Those threads can be accessed by using the resource section at the top, but it would be nice to actually have an alternate way of getting exposure to them

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 2
    • List
  6. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    Yes, the size of the homepage was a concern of mine. When I was editing the html, I finally noticed that collapse feature. :p

7. Jet

Jet Well-Known Member Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: CyberDuck Fluttershyy JetMcFly
    Reactions:
    +1,188
    Twitter:
    @JetMCM
    Or everyone could just use Pablo's awesome site, CraftedPlugins.com, which recently was updated to support other products too! Maybe Mick and Pablo could look into a potential partnership.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 1
    • List
  8. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    Or we could try to fix the resources problem so it is not dead space on these forums while also keeping users from wandering off this site due to this exact issue.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 3
    • List
  9. Pablo

Pablo Founder of CraftedPlugins & Professional Plugineer Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Plugineer Bryce
    Reactions:
    +518
    Twitter:
    @bwilkinson69
    Either stop bitching and let them fix it, or if you're too impatient to wait, then use my site I guess.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    How exactly am I bitching? I am simply posting my thoughts about this suggestion. I am trying to look at this from this forums owner's point of view. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't get mad just because I didn't agree that your site was useful to the solution.

I also would like to note that I have been on your site before and I am pretty sure I even have an account on there. Although it is nice, it is also not even as big/popular as this sites resource section anyway.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Vexy

Vexy mineman surver Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: ImVexy
    Reactions:
    +1,679
    Twitter:
    @VexyIsSmexy
    I hate the way MCM resources work. I can't advertise more then one thing on a thread and its just a pain to upload then wait for it. I always have used private things or sellfy and just live with the small fee to avoid waiting and having to (If I wanted) buy more then one sticky resource. If there was a way to make a resource "Shop" type of thing where I could upload all my things and have it as a resource shop I would be more open to using it.

• List
  12. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    That is a nice idea, but the resource section would need to get more traction before those could become of use. Remember to agree if you feel that my suggestion is good. :)

13. Skeptic227

Skeptic227 Member Premium

Reactions:
    +10
    Most big plugin developers upload on Spigot. I don't think this will really change except for very inexperienced users who need a place to start.

14. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    Your missing the point. We are focused on MC-Market and not just pre-made plugins. In the current resource system, you can upload a variety of things. If we can revive it, maybe some of those "big plugin developers" can use this forums resources section too. :)

15. Skeptic227

Skeptic227 Member Premium

Reactions:
    +10
    Yeah, that's a good point. I have to agree.

16. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    Remember to agree the thread. ;)

17. Mick

Mick MC-Market Owner Administrator

Minecraft accounts: _______________
    Reactions:
    +2,249
    Twitter:
    @MichaelMcLevie
    I do agree with this and from the sounds of things so do everyone else. I'll move this to the pending suggestions section to implement tomorrow. It is also worth noting that we plan to have a major update to our resources section within the next few months.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 2
    • List
  18. Blasthappy

Reactions:
    +415
    Thank you for accepting this suggestion!

19. Kozs

Kozs New Member

Reactions:
    +0
    Hopefully I can make some more resources for this forum, would be a great experience!

20. Ivain

Ivain Master Terraformer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +2,907
    To add on to why resources are important, it's GREAT for any nonexclusive sales for a single reason: It doesn't take money from each sale.
    You buy premium once, and boom you've got access to resource selling with no extra cost per sale.
    In comparison, Sellfy has a system where it charges you a certain amount per sale, and then gives you only a part of the money. All in all you end up with 60-80% of the money of each sale.
    With resources more prominent, I could upload all of my sellfy products here too, and charge less while still getting similar sales. Ofc I'll keep the sellfy shop for people not on this site, but people using the resources section would be way cheaper off. I could even advertise my resources on sellfy.

• List