1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Protect the main end island

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Justis R, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justis R

Justis R Godfather Resource Moderator Moderator Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +905
    Hey guys,

In order to allow people to protect their builds in the end, claiming has been turned on.
    The main island should be accessible by everyone though, so it's protected by an admin claim.

Currently, the admin claim is set to allow all building/breaking.
    So if you build something there, it's everyone's.

A few members have been getting upset about this, because they want all things they build to be protected.

Well, this would be the case in any other section of the world if they claimed it, but in open admin claims, that is not. So the only solution I can offer is to shut down building/breaking in admin claims.
    This means anything built there won't be broken, but that also means it won't be built in the first place; unless it's there now.

I was hesitant to do this before, because it would be unfair to everyone if someone built a shop in the end on the main island in front of spawn, for example, and then it was admin protected so nobody else could build a shop there, and that shop couldn't be broken.
    Yes, I'm using Shattered as an example.
    For better or worse though, someone broke his shop, and I know that's very upsetting, but it may be what's best for the server if this suggestion is what people want.

Should we prevent players from placing on the main island? Or should it be open to everyone, and build at your own risk, as it is now?

2. TylBur

TylBur Front-End Designer Premium

Minecraft accounts: Nildrak
    Reactions:
    +79
    Honestly I feel the main End island should be completely protected, not allowing players to build/break on it; however players should be able to walk along a bridge a few dozen blocks off of the main-island, which then allows them to build off of the structure into the expanse.

3. Justis R

Justis R Godfather Resource Moderator Moderator Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +905
    As there were no arguments against it; this has been done.
    The back end of the island is still unprotected, and the sides of the admin claim can be built off of, where the land extends.
    If you need land extended, please ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.