1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting The BEST Server Hosting Available 2017?!?

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by MC_PyroFlame, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MC_PyroFlame

MC_PyroFlame Member

Reactions:
    +11
    Twitter:
    @SpectralYT
    Hello everyone,

First of all, before I even TYPE anything, I realize that this is a marketplace. I realize there's lots of people using this website, and in those people there are tons of people who are have friends or they host servers themselves. I would like to request the unbiased opinion of only customers/server owners, and not the opinions of the hosters themselves.

What is the best server hosting available as of 2017 in these categories?

-The best BUDGET server hosting? (that is still somewhat good, it's not a cheap random server hosting site that only 5 people use and is unreliable)

-This is the most important question to me as I want to make a KitPvP or possibly a practice server, which server hosting provides the best connection-related stuff? (I don't know all about it, but it should have the fastest connection?, good ping and latency, good kb and hit detection, good connections for players worldwide, everything that an essential PvP server needs to attract some good players.

Note: I am not sure if the place I live compared to the where the server is hosted affects ping + latency or how fast and smooth the server is, but if this helps I live in Seattle, WA.

If you live close to the server's hosting location does it help?

Thanks for helping me answer those two questions.

2. DylanH

DylanH TigerNode Founder/Owner Premium

Reactions:
    +166
    Twitter:
    @dylanhansch
    It can have a noticeable affect if the server is hosted on the opposite side of the world. In my experience as long as the provider's network is decent, you'll be fine if it's hosted anywhere on the same continent as you, and possibly neighboring continents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. XixiPlays

XixiPlays Active Member

Reactions:
    +117
    Get ready to get spammed by hosting providers advertising themselves and not being truthful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Anvilnode

Anvilnode Anvilnode.com Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +275
    Twitter:
    @Anvilnode
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. subbotted

subbotted Hardcore Factions Developer Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: subbotted
    Reactions:
    +101
    I can guarantee Anvilnode is not lying. Their customer service is outstanding and even their cheapest plans run smooth. Go check them out :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • <3 <3 x 1
  6. XcXDragonXcX

XcXDragonXcX Member

Reactions:
    +24
    The main MC-Market server is hosted by Anvilnode

7. GoMach5

GoMach5 Member Premium

Reactions:
    +52
    I've numbered your questions and I will answer them all in order.

1.) I couldn't tell you this but my only advice would be that budget solutions aren't everything. If a server costs a provider $100 per month and they have 64GB of RAM on the entire node then there's overselling going on. While overselling is not bad if done correctly when it comes to things such as Java applications this becomes a bit different. Your hosting may start off good but get gradually worse over time as more and more people fill up the server.

2.) If you want mostly US traffic then I'd definitely say stick to North American hosts. If you are aiming for traffic from West Coast such as where you live then look at places like Los Angeles, Seattle and such. Ping and latency are the same things. It's a measurement of the response time of the server to you. If you have 1000MS ping then any action you do in the game will have a delay of 1 second. In my experience, I've found that for general Minecraft servers less than 250ms is ideal which you will usually get from most servers but I'll be honest it's been quite a few years since I played so the game may have become more ping dependant since.

For a KitPvP server, I imagine anything less than 150-100ms is usable.

3.) Where you live does help determine which location to use. If you live on the West Coast of the United States then any hosting situated in that region WILL be better for you. The same applies to Europe, East Coast US etc. The closer the server, the better the response of the game.

4.) Yes, this will help greatly as it will mean less of a distance your inputs to the game have to travel and thus more responsive the game will feel.

I hope I've cleared up any questions you've had with this but if not, I'm more than happy to answer any follow-up questions you might have. While I'm a host(we offer VPS and not Minecraft specific hosting) and sell out of Los Angeles which is ideal for West Coast connections and traffic to Asia, if you're targeting Europe and America you may want to focus more on East Coast, US.

I hope you find the right hosting provider that is for you and for your players. Good luck on your search!

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. MC_PyroFlame

MC_PyroFlame Member

Reactions:
    +11
    Twitter:
    @SpectralYT
    No one really answered my question, let me start over.

What is the best Minecraft server host that has hosting locations in the US that provides the best connection, ping, latency, hit detection, kb, and all of that stuff for a PvP or Practice server. Please just give me the best company that can do this. Or just tell me the company that has the best hardware/specs currently to host servers.

Thanks for the help!

9. Jayy

Jayy Chilling Banned

Reactions:
    +31
    dual intel xeona E5's

10. GoMach5

GoMach5 Member Premium

Reactions:
    +52
    I already gave you a lot of information to work with.

In order to even give you an exact answer to this, we'd need to know several things...

Which geographical region are you targeting? North America entirely? East coast? West coast? Central? US and Europe? tell us.
    How many plugins do you intend to use?
    What is your expected usage of RAM?
    How many players do you expect?
    Do you require a dedicated IP?
    Do you require DDoS protection?
    What is your actual budget for this?
    How do you classify best? What factors do we use to determine this?

The latter question of "Best hardware/specs" is also very unspecific. Single core is key for Minecraft so you would want a host that ideally utilizes E3's or i7 processors plus SSD drives.

If you can provide the answers to the above questions then I'm certain people can suggest companies. There's a lot of factors that go into hosting than just the cheapest price possible.

11. Fishfish0001

Fishfish0001 New Member

Reactions:
    +27
    "Best" is incredibly subjective. You're much better off picking a host that people review well, and then comparing them yourself to find what works for you, rather than what works for others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Boycot

Boycot Hosting Expert Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: BoycotMC
    Reactions:
    +157
    Twitter:
    @BoycotMCM
    Aquatis.host is pretty sweet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. MC_PyroFlame

MC_PyroFlame Member

Reactions:
    +11
    Twitter:
    @SpectralYT

I'm sorry for not being clear.

I'm targeting the whole world really, I want everyone to play. However, I mainly want to target U.S. // West Coast. I live in Seattle, WA, so I would like to find a host that has a location in the US.

I plan to make a BungeeCord server, so I would like to find a budget price if possible because I will be buying multiple servers for BungeeCord (no BeastNode or MCProHosting or overpriced companies). I aim for unlimited players. DDoS protection is a must for me. My budget will be around $300-750, and I will use that money to buy setups, builds, graphics, a few cheap custom plugins, pay devs for each project, and keeping the server alive. HOWEVER, I will also be looking for a server partner to call Co-Owner who can support the server financially as well, so maybe that budget I listed will be doubled (assuming he has the same amount as me). Dedicated IP is nice, but if it makes the price jump high then I don't really need it.

As in "the best hosting", I would like to find a very good hosting that can provide me with a server that is fast, has good ping / latency, good connections, nice kb and hit detection, and everything essential for PVPing. I want to make a server based on PvP and attract the attention of hardcore pvpers who need a good server to play on, so when they join my server and pvp they will be saying to themselves, "Man, the kb or hits or anything is so smooth and every hit registers!". Anyways, I mean a host that has those good PVP aspects in a server.

14. Ekooc

Ekooc Graphic Artist. Premium

Minecraft accounts: Ekooc
    Reactions:
    +266
    Klanx 's company is different, not every hosting provider is like that.

Email from them (I get it weekly)

https://gyazo.com/55c0c430893e6316edc1b91d3649a8eb

• <3 <3 x 1
  15. yeahs

yeahs Member

Reactions:
    +7
    If you want that, I'd say you probably want a dedicated server, if you want a cheap, smooth dedicated server I'd recommend fallout hosting, they have cheap dedicated servers in NY with a good CPU and RAM. fallout-hosting.com/

16. MC_PyroFlame

MC_PyroFlame Member

Reactions:
    +11
    Twitter:
    @SpectralYT

holy nuts, everyone loves Hasan...

wow fallout hosting

17. GoMach5

GoMach5 Member Premium

Reactions:
    +52

If you're targeting West Coast we offer a Los Angeles location but offer VPS but I'd be happy to install multicraft for you if you want to licenses it. If you'd like to PM me with any questions or concerns I'd be happy to answer and give you better advice more custom tailored to you and your situation/goals/etc.

18. MC_PyroFlame

MC_PyroFlame Member

Reactions:
    +11
    Twitter:
    @SpectralYT

Also, who knows if AnvilNode has the better hardware or FalloutHosting does?

19. Ian.D

Ian.D COO of Dot-Tech LLC Premium

Reactions:
    +386
    If you have any questions in regards to Fallout-Hosting please feel free to PM me or add me on Skype: ian.d95
    Would be happy to help in any way. :)

20. Anvilnode

Anvilnode Anvilnode.com Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +275
    Twitter:
    @Anvilnode
    I'll include our specs if you're interested:

Anvil: Dual Xeon E5-2670
    Gold (New York): Xeon E3-1240v5
    Gold (Amsterdam): Xeon E3-1275v5

The Gold plans use latest generation CPUs so there's no much room for improvement. All machines are equipped with SSD, premium DDoS protection, and daily backups--Gold servers get backed-up twice per day.

Thanks, hugh

• Agree Agree x 1