1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Business Threads

Discussion in 'Pending Suggestions' started by BeBosny, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Walrus

Walrus New Member Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +425
    Definitely agree, this site revolving around "business", personal accounts should be used as business. Great idea +1!

Also, perhaps there could be a groups type of system, where everyone in a specific business/name are in a group thing?

2. Clovux

Clovux Member Premium

Reactions:
    +76
    Twitter:
    @Clovux
    I'm kind of on the fence about this one.
    I understand it makes things easier when it comes to distinguishing what's what when users have multiple accounts.

However, for hosts like myself, I personally think it looks better to clients when they see the username of the thread author as the name of the host/business. It has somewhat more of a professional look to it.

If this was implemented and business accounts were closed, ideally PMs should be transferred also, as we have quite a number of PMs with our clients.

• Agree (Suggestions) Agree (Suggestions) x 1
    • List
  3. Poppy Chulo

Poppy Chulo Invester | Video Editor Banned Premium

Reactions:
    +213
    Yeah this would be helpful but I think there should be levels of permission so someone can't just trash a thread.

Editor - Permission To Edit Text
    Editor+ Permission to add images / videos

Obv these won't be the rank names but some degree of leveling where one user can edit more than another.

4. nara~kavi

nara~kavi ✿Homework Service✿ Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +2,731
    I think this would be a wonderful idea.

As said, the one problem with it is the PM system. However, Monty & I have operated all of our businesses as a partnership for over a year now and we've never really had much issue with just asking people to add our partner to the conversation, or else just simply showing them the conversation. It's not really a big deal. The only solution I could really think of for this would be to add some feature that automatically adds another person to every single one of the PM conversations that you receive. i.e. if someone pm'd monty it'd automatically add me to the conversation. But that'd be a difficult thing to add, probably, and I doubt many people would use it.

I think just this system alone would be a great addition to the site and it is one I have been wanting for a very long time now.

5. Overlord

Overlord Active Member Premium

Reactions:
    +196
    advise not, you'll be getting the bitching and the moaning when shit hits the fan. plus, this doesn't substitute business accounts imo

6. Renooo

Renooo Forum Godfather Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Renooo
    Reactions:
    +1,169
    Agreed. It may be a good addition to the forum and make it easier to work on threads with multiple people, but it isn't a substitute for business accounts - which are used for more than that.

Also, personal accounts are for business, but business accounts are for business teams (also known as Companies).

7. Sophie

Sophie Well-Known Member Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +1,101
    I suggested this before, to make it possible for more then 1 person to edit a thread, but NOOO. Nobody ever listened
    I ain't got the thread since I removed it

8. Latouth

Latouth Troubled on Linux? Ask me! Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Latouth
    Reactions:
    +317
    BeBosny, make sure to add it so owners/original poster of a thread can transfer original post(thread ownership) to someone else when they sell the business, (maybe make it so they have to contact you to move it, so hackers don't go into your acc, and transfer which you would do an ip lookup on it)
    Otherwise, +1

9. Seb

Seb Kappa Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: Seb1929
    Reactions:
    +1,408
    Twitter:
    @Seeebbby
    "mean that business accounts would be closed"
    What will happen to the premium rank i have on my business account?

10. BuildingBases

BuildingBases Manager/OG-Collector Banned Premium

Reactions:
    +695
    +1 I like this idea.

11. FalloutHosting

FalloutHosting Minecraft Hosting Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +73
    Twitter:
    @@Fallout_Hosting
    I disagree with this idea, as i really dont want any of our staff to use their personal acc for MCM. With addition if you were to add said staff member of your company and they quit, they could in theory destroy the thread before you remove permissions. It also brings the issue that once in a while company's are sold. So then all the threads are under the old owner.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2016 ---
    Also a valid concern, especially if both Personal and Business accounts are upgraded to max
    Also BeBosny why not just make a additional business rank and make businesses apply for the business rank before they make the account, otherwise allow it to be marked as a alt
    Not really, on staff's personal accounts, staff members are able to relax per say and not worry about effecting the business at all. For example form opinions on controversial topics.. ect

If this were to take place, quite frankly we would have to monitor all our staffs posts, so they do not effect the business. It may even cause people to get fired. So the end result would be a negative effect on the community in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    • List
  12. LightBlueTaco

LightBlueTaco Member Banned

Reactions:
    +41
    1) Necro Post SOOOOOO BAD.

2) Seb, badger Bosny about it.

13. Mat

Mat ☕ Programmer ☕ »MCCarnival Lead Developer« Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: JavaOS GBH Bodysurfing
    Reactions:
    +1,177
    Twitter:
    @Matheyew

How the fuck did you even come accross this thread to necro it so bad?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. HallOfShame

HallOfShame Member Banned

Reactions:
    +65
    +1 This Idea needs to happen!

15. FalloutHosting

Reactions:
    +73
    Twitter:
    @@Fallout_Hosting
    We often check this forum section often, we like to know pending ideas so we can put out ideas / inputs in. And yes we did for sure down the idea really hard, because it would cause some major issues for our company and more than likely others as well. this idea would work if everyone here ran just building, coding and gfx business. We just do not see how this idea could benefit hosting companys at all. As i said it would just complicate everything.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    • List
  16. Ivain

Ivain Master Terraformer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +2,907
    unfortunately, it would seem you do not realize what necroposting means. It means dragging an old thread back from the dead by replying to it more than a month after it has been removed.
    The only reason this thread is not closed yet is because it simply fell forgotten.

17. FalloutHosting

Reactions:
    +73
    Twitter:
    @@Fallout_Hosting
    Old or not, just thought id add my opinion, who knows if the idea was still active, its in a active section per say

18. Ivain

Ivain Master Terraformer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +2,907
    you dont seem to get it. necroposting is literally against the rules. People get warned for that. I have, way back in my early time here.
    I hope you're lucky enough to get away with it this time.

• List
  19. Golden

Golden Well-Known Member Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +840
    While this is true, not sure exactly how much my idea would cost, but just gonna throw it out there. Say there was an option when creating the thread that said "add group pm button". With this is in place, when the thread is created it would add a widget similar to the current poll system and would create a group between the person who clicked the button and the members of the company/team that is selling. It would definitely make it more convenient to contact the company, but then again I have no clue how much such a thing would cost to actually make.

20. Jet

Jet Well-Known Member Supreme Premium

Minecraft accounts: CyberDuck Fluttershyy JetMcFly
    Reactions:
    +1,188
    Twitter:
    @JetMCM
    BeBosny what ever happened to that custom plugin that you hired Lyphiard to make that would add an official account type for businesses that limited posted. I remember testing the beta several months ago, but I haven't heard anything sense.