1. In order to post suggestions, you must have been registered for at least 30 days.

More severe giveaway rules + punishments.

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Toler, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toler

Toler Member

Reactions:
    +69
    [​IMG]
    To start off, im getting annoyed by people who:
    - Don't have an end date. [1,2]
    - Are super inactive (1 month not being online). [2]
    - Who have an end date, but still haven't announced the winner. [3]
    - Announce the winner, but no actual prove the giveaway was fairly done. (And not an alt account.) [Most of the ended threads]
    - Really impossible giveaways which are mostly trolls. [6]
    - Double threads to gain more attention. [7,5]

I feel like the staff have to be more scrict and harsh. Giveaways needs to be fair.

• Agree (Neutral) Agree (Neutral) x 5
  2. Nrevi

Nrevi ⚔️ TheArcade ⚔️ Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Nrevi
    Reactions:
    +1,090
    I have to agree.. They just do it for attention.

• Agree (Neutral) Agree (Neutral) x 1
  3. BeBosny

BeBosny Basically irrelevant now Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +3,378
    Great to see that list, however I think there's already a rule for everything. Let's see: http://www.mc-market.org/policies/rules/

4.2 Always specify a contest closing date. Failure to do so may result in your thread being removed.
    Active or not, they should still announce the winner and give the item that's been promised to a winner. In that case, 4.4 goes in effect too:
    4.4 Do not advertise or offer to giveaway any item or service that you do not provide or own. Staff members may ask you to provide proof that you can provide what you are offering as a giveaway.
    4.1 Always announce the winner of your contest upon closing. Failure to do so may result in warnings and/or a ban.
    If you have this suspicion, report the thread.
    Not sure what you mean by this. If the giveaway follows rules, it's very difficult to make a 'troll' contest as there's always supposed to be a winner.
    1.21 Do not spam.

All the rules are in place. Moderators can't watch all threads. It's upto you guys to report them, they always get dealt with if they are reported.

In my opinion, we're strict enough. We have the right rules in place. As you can see above, everything is already addressed just not enforced. As stated before, report it and it will be dealt with.

4. OP
    OP
    Toler

Toler Member

Reactions:
    +69
    A troll giveaway is a giveaway where it is impossible to win. It's impossible to win in Young Metro's giveaway, because you need to guess a number between 1-10000. Is there a rule for that? BeBosny
    Side note: sorry if I make any grammar mistakes

5. BeBosny

Reactions:
    +3,378
    There always needs to be a winner according to our very own rules.

• Agree (Neutral) Agree (Neutral) x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Toler

Toler Member

Reactions:
    +69
    Ok, thanks for clearing everything up.

7. BeBosny

Reactions:
    +3,378
    I'm going to go ahead and archive this suggestion. If you see any threads breaking rules, feel free to report them. Mass reporting is fine too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.