Someone with the same/similar server name and how to deal with it?

Status
This thread has been locked.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
I have a server network that is opening November 2014 called The Nebula (or it could be called just Nebula.) I know also someone else on this forum with the similar upcoming server network name of Nebula Network.

The Nebula was made in 2012 and Nebula Network in 2013. We're DMCA protected, is this worth a file? Would they do anything about this? How should I handle this?

No hate comments please. And the person who owns Nebula Network will probably see this, and I don't want to start a fight and this is not personal. This post is for me and anyone with the same problem and how to cope with it.

Banned forever. Reason: Cloning MC-Market, read the FAQ.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Bump?

Regablith

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Eh, unless it causes confusion and problems between you two, I wouldn't.

Banned forever. Reason: Account compromised.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources

KingJ

☤Owner of OPNetwork Sponsor of CarloSmith☤
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Unless you have an actual copyright you can't do anything about it.

Plus if you get your copyright after they bought the domain/had their network made then it won't matter anyway.

PS: Those DMCA badges that they add to your website are pretty fucking useless.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Unless you have an actual copyright you can't do anything about it.

Plus if you get your copyright after they bought the domain/had their network made then it won't matter anyway.

PS: Those DMCA badges that they add to your website are pretty fucking useless.
We're currently have a pending trademark... as long as it's pending, is it worth something?

Nighterblde

Well-Respected Member
Banned
Reactions
Resources
fight the other owner irl. its the only way.
Da fuq?
9a0b894ccf4b8ae8ff73a0272b81278a.png

Banned forever. Reason: Community harassment + Multi-accounting

nxtguy

Reactions
Resources
I have a server network that is opening November 2014 called The Nebula (or it could be called just Nebula.) I know also someone else on this forum with the similar upcoming server network name of Nebula Network.

The Nebula was made in 2012 and Nebula Network in 2013. We're DMCA protected, is this worth a file? Would they do anything about this? How should I handle this?

No hate comments please. And the person who owns Nebula Network will probably see this, and I don't want to start a fight and this is not personal. This post is for me and anyone with the same problem and how to cope with it.

Unless the other server/network is directly competing with you (same games, style, etc) or is pretending that they are you I personally wouldn't do anything. You never know, the other server/network may die down in a month or so without you needing to do anything.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.