Starting price for a Minecraft Network.

Status
This thread has been locked.

N_ah

Premium
Reactions
Resources
What should be the starting budget for a Minecraft Network?

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Coro123x007

Banned
Reactions
Resources
I wouldn't suggest starting out with a network

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/58397/)

Liam1

Sexy beast
Banned
Reactions
Resources
What do you suggest gamemode wise?
I'm interested in factions but I don't want to be just like every other server.
Then don't do factions xD
In all seriousness, you need a USP (Unique Selling Point) That way, people will come to you instead of some crappy, overrated network.

Banned forever. Reason: Attacking MC-Market.

Coro123x007

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Tbh I think that "unique" servers are overrated, because the generic servers are what everyone idls used to playing on. I think the quality of the server is more important, generic or not.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/58397/)

22vortex22

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Tbh I think that "unique" servers are overrated, because the generic servers are what everyone idls used to playing on. I think the quality of the server is more important, generic or not.
A mix of both and you have a sweet server. (Being unique and professional)

Banned forever. Reason: Account compromised.

racerk12

Life is like a box of chocolates
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I wouldn't suggest going in and starting a network right off the bat. You should maybe make one or two separate servers and slowly build it up.

For example, Server 1 and Server 2. Server 1 being Factions and Server 2 being a Prison server (I'm not saying to use these, just an example). Keep them separate, unrelated names and everything. Work on them, get them popular. Then combine them into a hub and add other game modes, that way you already have an interested player base.

I've seen so many people just go into it fully and setup a full hub and quit because 80% off the time it just doesn't work. In all honesty you should only consider starting with a hub/network right off the bat if you are are going to have a lot of money for advertising and custom plugins.

Gabe123may

Loan
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I wouldn't suggest starting out with a network
Unless he has alot of money to start of with, go for it, becuase when u advertise u advertise 5 gamesmodes and if people dont like prison but they like skyblock they can do that, so its gives u a better chance
I wouldn't suggest going in and starting a network right off the bat. You should maybe make one or two separate servers and slowly build it up.

For example, Server 1 and Server 2. Server 1 being Factions and Server 2 being a Prison server (I'm not saying to use these, just an example). Keep them separate, unrelated names and everything. Work on them, get them popular. Then combine them into a hub and add other game modes, that way you already have an interested player base.

I've seen so many people just go into it fully and setup a full hub and quit because 80% off the time it just doesn't work. In all honesty you should only consider starting with a hub/network right off the bat if you are are going to have a lot of money for advertising and custom plugins.
Unless you make a cheap network and people like it :p

racerk12

Life is like a box of chocolates
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Unless he has alot of money to start of with, go for it, becuase when u advertise u advertise 5 gamesmodes and if people dont like prison but they like skyblock they can do that, so its gives u a better chance

Unless you make a cheap network and people like it :p
If you can figure out how to make a network popular cheaply, let me know of your magic ways :p

checkthecloset

Reactions
Resources
custom plugins :) and not the token bullshit that everyone does. make ACTUAL custom plugins that will wow your players :)

MrPezar

Server Owner
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Nothing is wrong with Factions if you know how to host it!

If you can create plugins making a unique game-changing event that a Factions server has never had, more players would most likely enjoy it. There are a lot of Factions servers out there, so you can't just take someone else's idea. Take a while, think of what you should do, and have a developer draw it up for you! If you don't want to do Factions, it's actually quite simple to create something unique these days. You can do a Mini game server, but only host 1 game if its in your budget. Super Craft Bro's was a mini game that held strong by itself for a long time.

Unique is not overrated. It's what players want these days. :)

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming.

Gabe123may

Loan
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Nothing is wrong with Factions if you know how to host it!

If you can create plugins making a unique game-changing event that a Factions server has never had, more players would most likely enjoy it. There are a lot of Factions servers out there, so you can't just take someone else's idea. Take a while, think of what you should do, and have a developer draw it up for you! If you don't want to do Factions, it's actually quite simple to create something unique these days. You can do a Mini game server, but only host 1 game if its in your budget. Super Craft Bro's was a mini game that held strong by itself for a long time.

Unique is not overrated. It's what players want these days. :)
Haveing 1000 Factions/Prison servers is also overrated

MrPezar

Server Owner
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Haveing 1000 Factions/Prison servers is also overrated
If he can grab proper advertisements, it's perfectly fine. Good servers require a high budget.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming.
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.