► Horse-drawn Carts with Chests (HorseCarts) $5◄

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by LordOfTime, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    [​IMG]
    HorseCarts is a plugin designed to add a small and realistic feature to your Minecraft server: Horse-drawn carts.

[​IMG]

This plugin allows you to create a cart, shown above, that can be pulled behind your horse. Simply attach a lead from your horse to your cart (shown below), and you're good to go! Fill your chest with whatever goodies you desire, and be on your way! The cart will follow behind your horse at a distance of a few blocks whenever you're riding it, going up and down reasonable inclines with ease. And fear not, for when you dismount your horse, the cart stops following, allowing you to park your cart without worrying about your horse dragging it off!

[​IMG]

With HorseCarts, you can have flexible item transport. Tired of traveling using that slow donkey that doesn't have any armor? Just hook a cart to your diamond-clad horse and be on your way! Want more capacity than your chest-loaded mule can provide? Attach a cart and get even more space! HorseCarts works with all horse-type mobs, including horses (duh), donkeys, mules, and llamas!

How do I configure this plugin, you ask? Currently, there's only one configuration option: "slowerCarts" is default false, however setting it to true will slow down any creature pulling a cart to make the speed at which the cart+horse combo travel more realistic. If you want this added realism at the expense of a slower travel speed, feel free to set this option to true in the config!

HorseCarts does include a permissions node for using carts, "horsecarts.use". If you wish to disable this node and limit cart access, feel free to do so. However, this node is enabled by default, so all users can enjoy carts right from the get-go!

Pricing:
    Non-exclusive: $5 (includes updates and bugfixes)
    Exclusive: Send me a PM and we can discuss this.

Vouch Copies: I will be giving out two (2) vouch copies of this plugin to highly reputable members of the community upon request. Once they're gone, they're gone, and I will edit this post and post a comment saying so.
    Edit: All vouch copies given out! If you were queued to receive a VC, please check your Skype, I've sent you a contact request.

If you have any suggestions for improvement for the plugin, please feel free to drop a comment or shoot me a PM. I will be updating to fix any bugs, and (once a price has been set) all purchasers will receive free updates.

Note: If you want to see HorseCarts in action, there is a video (albeit old) on YouTube of the carts in use. That video shows a very old version of the plugin, and is being used on a server where the lead keeps breaking. I have both updated the plugin to increase the ability of lag the plugin can handle, and increased the speed at which the cart can move, so the problems seen in the video of the horse being yanked by the cart no longer occur. Here is a link for any interested, and again, I apologize for the outdated version, but it's the only video of the plugin that currently exists:

Proof of ownership:
    Structure: http://prntscr.com/euicye

Update: Due to popular request, a config option to slow down the horse / cart-pulling-animal has been added! "slowerCarts" is default false, but changing it to true will add slow to your creature while pulling a cart.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Fine

Fine DrakonMC.net | Owner Banned Premium

Minecraft Accounts: iEat Whined
    Reactions:
    +99
    Plugin seems cool! Would be useful in some server gamemodes.

Banned Forever For: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/200084/)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    Thanks! It's designed to give a realistic way to transport items, and it does so in a way that doesn't break game immersion. I'm glad you like the idea!

4. RexTheMon

RexTheMon Discord Enthusiast Ultimate Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: RexTheMon Laddie
    Reactions:
    +45
    Great idea! But, you could make it so the horse is slowed when hooked to a cart then it would be more realistic and also wouldn't break away from the cart.

-Rex

5. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    This was originally a feature, the maximum speed of the cart kept the horse in check unless you really tried to sprint the horse away from the cart. The biggest reason why I didn't was because I knew that would limit the plugin's usefulness. People can just run with their donkey with chests, and in order to be able to make the plugin as useful as possible, I removed this limitation by allowing the cart to go faster. So, I suppose to answer your statement: Yes, I could, but I chose plugin versatility over realism in this case.

I haven't previously considered doing coding lessons before. I'm not sure I'm the right person to teach people, but if you really wanted to learn from me for some reason, PM me and I'd consider it. As for a VC, I'd prefer to give one to a member with a bit more rep, but if in a day or so nobody with higher rep has requested them I'll give 'em the two VC's out to whoever wants them ;)

Still looking for pricing suggestions!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  6. TricksterPlays

TricksterPlays tricksterdzn.com Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: TricksterPlays subcategories
    Reactions:
    +135
    Am I capable of vc? Also add it in the config if the horse slows down or not

7. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    I must admit, I'm surprised y'all want the horse to be slowed down by the cart. Very well, I'll add that in. Yes, I'll be getting a batch of VC's sent out tomorrow, I'm having some issues with my compiler right now. Send me your Skype and I'll add you to the list.

Also, price suggestions for non-exclusive?

8. Kram

Kram Wizard Scam Resolver Moderator Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: KramCraft_ MKTO
    Reactions:
    +613
    Considering you have more rep than me I don't think I am eligible but if I am can I have a VC.
    BTW very nice plugin
    my skype is kramcraftskype
    Also a price suggestion for non-exclusive might be $3-$5 per copy. Then again people may disagree

9. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    Alright, you can be the last VC then. I'll get them sent out in a batch tomorrow.

10. TricksterPlays

Reactions:
    +135
    10 - 15 as it's pretty unique.

11. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    Update: Due to popular request, a config option to slow down the horse / cart-pulling-animal has been added! "slowerCarts" is default false, but changing it to true will add slow to your creature while pulling a cart. I would appreciate another price suggestion or two, but I will be beginning official sale soon, once the VC recipients finish reviewing! If you were in line for a vouch copy, I have sent you a contact request via Skype so you can receive your VC!

12. Irantwomiles

Irantwomiles Check my signature for a new Practice plugin Premium

Reactions:
    +552
    Cool plugin, you shouldn't have given vc to these low rep people. Also I would post it on spigot, I'm sure towny servers would love this.

13. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    Those with a lower rep I checked out. Not to mention, there's tracking features in the VC's. If they try to use it on a server, I'll be able to confirm just by looking at the plugins whether or not they resold it. Additionally, I've done some minor obfuscation to the VC's, as well as translated the transfer system into a specialized version that will only for that particular cart shape. If they try to decompile a vouch copy, they'll find a mess of code that's so hideous they wouldn't be able to use it for anything else ;)

As for Spigot, I don't meet their "minimum 3 free resources" requirement for premium resources, so...

14. Satelliting

Satelliting Nerdy Antique Entrepreneur Premium

Reactions:
    +445
    $2-3 per copy. It is a nice thing, and could be very cool on servers, but it is limited to types of servers. Would most likely cause issues on most like Factions or something, but could be neat on Survival or Creative

15. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    What issues would this cause on factions? Yes, it might be less useful, but how could it be problematic?

16. Arian

Arian Member Banned Premium

Reactions:
    +301
    Seriously nice plugin, I received the VC today and I'm surprised on how flawless the horses can move the cart, ive yet to try it on donkeys and lama's but looks cool and would recommend to anyone who's anxious on buying to make that step forward and using it.

Extremely useful for HCF/Survival servers.

Banned Forever For: Scamming, (https://www.mc-market.org/threads/411401/)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the plugin!

18. Slimetopia

Slimetopia Member

Reactions:
    +6
    3 euro?

19. OP
    OP
    LordOfTime

LordOfTime Member

Reactions:
    +242
    Pricing suggestion or pricing offer?

20. TricksterPlays

Reactions:
    +135
    This plugin is amazing. I recieved a Vc today to check it out, and it's very unique. Recommended for Towny and survival server. Also vouch for LordOfTime

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.