Dedicated Servers

Status
This thread has been locked.

Hoot

┻┻彡ヽ(ಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻┻
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Hello, I am currently thinking of collocating a quarter rack of servers with Ian.D in Dallas, TX. The specs of the servers would be the following:

2x Intel Xeon L5520 (4 cores 8 threads each)
30GB DDR3 RAM
2x 146GB SAS drives
100Mbps burstable to 1Gbps
40Gbps DDoS Protection.

I am trying to gauge some interest to see if anyone would be interested in this. They would likely cost $35/mo.

If anyone is interested reply to this thread or shoot me a pm. Nothing on it is final and if you would be interested in slightly different specs (maybe more storage) or a cheaper price let me know.

Thanks,
Brandon

Type
Offering
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Joshua St.

Visit our website today for hosting!
Premium
Reactions
Resources
This seems like a decent setup.

Danelegend

Banned
Reactions
Resources
I'd be interested if you could provide free Minecraft and multicraft setup?

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/267108/)

Cal

you invest in the divinity of the masterpiece
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
30 GBs? How did you manage that?

Hoot

┻┻彡ヽ(ಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻┻
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
I'd be interested if you could provide free Minecraft and multicraft setup?
I'm sure we could manage that. You would likely have to provide your own license key but other than that we could probably take care of it.

30 GBs? How did you manage that?
I found it very odd myself. I think the RAM config is like 15x2gb or 18x2gb DDR3. I am awaiting a reply for confirmation on what they have. In addition to that, I also recently thought about making a few 48gb RAM versions for people needing more than the 30/36gb base model.

Hoot

┻┻彡ヽ(ಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻┻
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Would maybe be interested if there were some bigger nodes ;)

Thought about making some have 48gb RAM rather than the current 30gb. Maybe 48gb for $40-$45.

48GB DDR3 RAM
2x 146GB SAS drives

What do you think of that?

Dann

Managing Director @ PebbleHost
Ultimate
Reactions
Resources
Thought about making some have 48gb RAM rather than the current 30gb. Maybe 48gb for $40-$45.

48GB DDR3 RAM
2x 146GB SAS drives

What do you think of that?
Maybe, Although for sure, I Wouldn't do anymore than $40/mo for that.

1017Ethan

Website Designer & Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Vouch for Hoot! He's an experienced guy highly recommend him.

3VM

Dedi Hosting & Colo
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Your Colocation with your competition? So you'll need to probably price lower than him why would I choose you over him?

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/228143/)

Hoot

┻┻彡ヽ(ಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻┻
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Your Colocation with your competition? So you'll need to probably price lower than him why would I choose you over him?

To my knowledge Ian doesn't openly offer servers with these specs. Also, most people technically colocate with their competitors. Why should someone rent servers from any company that offers colocation if someone who colocates from them can do it cheaper. Just comes down to what people need and who has it I suppose. Also, I am not necessarily competing with Ian, if someone wants something that I do not have I will even recommend him. As is, I think $35 for these specs is pretty good and this might not even be the official version I offer. I have stated in the thread that "Nothing on it is final and if you would be interested in slightly different specs (maybe more storage) or a cheaper price let me know." In addition to that I am looking to offer 48gb versions for $40-$45/mo which also seems very fair.

Last edited:

3VM

Dedi Hosting & Colo
Banned
Reactions
Resources
To my knowledge Ian doesn't openly offer servers with these specs. Also, most people technically colocate with their competitors. Why should someone rent servers from any company that offers colocation if someone who colocates from them can do it cheaper. Just comes down to what people need and who has it I suppose. Also, I am not necessarily competing with Ian, if someone wants something that I do not have I will even recommend him. As is, I think $35 for these specs is pretty good and this might not even be the official version I offer. I have stated in the thread that "Nothing on it is final and if you would be interested in slightly different specs (maybe more storage) or a cheaper price let me know." In addition to that I am looking to offer 48gb versions for $40-$45/mo which also seems very fair.

Cool good luck on your venture.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/228143/)
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.