Quote Request

Status
This thread has been locked.

Pixel

Premium
Reactions
Resources
I am currently developing an RPG server with a pretty large map, which needs various settlements building on it, including camps, villages and towns, as well as many lone locations, such as caves, abandoned homes, a triplet of towers, a couple of stone circles and various ruins scattered across the landscape. The map is 4000 by 4000 blocks.

I need a rough quote on how much all of this would cost. There are about 10 small (~15 houses), 10 medium (~30-40 houses) and 10 large (50-60 houses) settlements.

I know that I haven't provided much information, nor do I want to but it would be great if you could send me a rough quote, either below or via inbox.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Nighterblde

Well-Respected Member
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I am currently developing an RPG server with a pretty large map, which needs various settlements building on it, including camps, villages and towns, as well as many lone locations, such as caves, abandoned homes, a triplet of towers, a couple of stone circles and various ruins scattered across the landscape. The map is 4000 by 4000 blocks.

I need a rough quote on how much all of this would cost. There are about 10 small (~15 houses), 10 medium (~30-40 houses) and 10 large (50-60 houses) settlements.

I know that I haven't provided much information, nor do I want to but it would be great if you could send me a rough quote, either below or via inbox.
Alot. Like around 600+ IMO.

Banned forever. Reason: Community harassment + Multi-accounting

MineInc

Reactions
Resources
What Nighterblde said $600+ also depends on when you need it by tbh.

McJeffr

Qubion Co-Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Do not underestimate 4000x4000 people! Getting a 4000x4000 map filled with landscape, trees, biomes, houses, towns, fields, etc. is not the easies thing to do. This would really depend on the time that you want it to be complete, but for 1 person to build a map like this, it would take around 5 months. So you are looking for a buildteam for a map like this, and those are more expensive. I'd say around $2000-$3000. Once again, do not underestimate the size of 4kx4k (fly in creative 4k blocks, takes around 5-7 minutes :p)

Nighterblde

Well-Respected Member
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Do not underestimate 4000x4000 people! Getting a 4000x4000 map filled with landscape, trees, biomes, houses, towns, fields, etc. is not the easies thing to do. This would really depend on the time that you want it to be complete, but for 1 person to build a map like this, it would take around 5 months. So you are looking for a buildteam for a map like this, and those are more expensive. I'd say around $2000-$3000. Once again, do not underestimate the size of 4kx4k (fly in creative 4k blocks, takes around 5-7 minutes :p)
How about you worldpaint the biomes out in a 4kx4k box, and then build the stuff inside? Idk really, I'm not a builder.

Banned forever. Reason: Community harassment + Multi-accounting

McJeffr

Qubion Co-Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
How about you worldpaint the biomes out in a 4kx4k box, and then build the stuff inside? Idk really, I'm not a builder.
Not as easy as it sounds like. Vadact Build Team has done big maps in the past aswell, and those were also not done in like a few weeks. And that is with avg. 15 people working on it. But once again, I am not a Vadact builder, I am just a Vadact Server Administrator

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
A lot of money. Filling the world with landscape is a pain in the ass.

Like McJeffr said, don't underestimate 4kx4k, it's huge, and a pain.

$2000+

EDIT: Remember, most of the commission your paying for is the size and the landscape.

Pixel

Premium
Reactions
Resources
The biomes and trees are already in place. The landscape is already done.

The quote I'm requesting here is for the things I have described only but thanks anyway.

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
The biomes and trees are already in place. The landscape is already done.

The quote I'm requesting here is for the things I have described only but thanks anyway.
I mean if you want really good detail, and I'm guessing you probably want some boats, organics, maybe bridges, etc.

$400+

McJeffr

Qubion Co-Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Define good detail?
$400 maybe for a beginning build team, def in the thousands for a high quality one.
Try asking Jay_Roche for an estimate. He owns the http://www.gazamo.com/ build team
Indeed.

10 large settlements of 50-60 houses. That is around 550 houses. 10 small, 10 medium settlements. Thats average of 150+550+350=1050 houses. That is quite a lot. Also, these houses are spread amongst towns, that most likely have to look different aswell, maybe adjust into a theme. I'd value those 30 towns around... $1000-$2000 I guess. Hard to say, really depends on who you want to build it, how many people, the quality and the time.

CosNick

Reactions
Resources
95-115 houses:
25 medieval house variations around 20x20 for each house:
$10/house variation

$250 for houses.

$200 for house placement and settlement organization, (including street and path creation, decor of settlements, building and special detailing of each settlement to make them unique, etc.)

Extra aesthetic pieces which includes:
Towers, ruins, unique abandoned houses, stone circles, caves, and organic touch ups (such as trees, terrain, mountains, rivers).
$150

Total: $600 for whole project

Quote supplied by Octovon Build Team Member :)

MCLegions

Legions Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I can do this job, add me on Skype dragonclawmc.

Bowtie

Reactions
Resources
if you want it done well, don't go for anything less than $1200 probably, and go for a build-team. Before you make any agreements though, ask to see examples of the builds they have done on their server, just so that you know that they have got talent. I myself am in the Partisan Build Team, and if this is also a request for it to be built as well as a simple quote, feel free to message me on skype, username "Gushlet" and we could maybe talk about my Build Team doing it for you. I wish you the best of luck with this project :)

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.