Offering Shockbyte ★ $2.50/GB ★ 24/7 Live Chat ★ 100% Uptime ★ Guaranteed DDoS Protection ★ 5+ Years ★ NA/EU

Discussion in 'Verified Game Hosting' started by Shockbyte, Nov 18, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Shockbyte Member Premium Business Account

Reactions:
    +11
    [​IMG]

We've just launched Minecraft Hosting in Australia - the second location in our Asia-Pacific lineup.

Our Australian Minecraft Hosting plans are the most powerful and lowest price on the market at just $5.00/GB.

View our Australian Minecraft Hosting plans for PC (Java Edition) & MCPE (Bedrock Edition): https://shockbyte.com

Try our Sydney, Australia Test Server: au.shockbyte.com
    Running the latest version of Minecraft.

Questions? Ask our 24/7 Live Chat.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tornify

Tornify Member

Reactions:
    +37
    Hey there,

Thought y'all should be aware Sparked Host LLC copied your privacy policy word for word and replaced the company name with theirs.

3. Sparked Host LLC

Sparked Host LLC Member Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +179
    they are and have been

4. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    Permissions allow you to grant different access to different players on your Minecraft server. For example, giving moderation abilities to mods or admins or giving donators exclusive perks. Lean how to set up ranks in our latest tutorial.

5. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    Once you've ordered your server and logged into your control panel, there's a few things you should know to get your server running. This tutorial explains server types, administration tools and more.

6. CptShad

CptShad Graphics Designer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +15
    Hosting 2 servers with them, top notch support with almost instant replies and very friendly support team!
    Highly recommended!
    You have my vouch!

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    There are multiple gamemodes to choose from for your Minecraft server and you can switch between them at any time. This video explains each of the gamemodes available and how to switch between them.

8. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    Install any Technic modpack on your Shockbyte Minecraft server with our new tutorial.

Popular modpacks include: Pixelmon, Blightfall, Tekkit, TestPackPleaseIgnore, Voltz, Yogbox and more!

9. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    New development "snapshots" of #Minecraft are released all the time.

This guide explains how to install a #MinecraftSnapshot Version on your Minecraft server and play an update with your friends before the full release goes live.

10. Garrett

Garrett Member Premium

Reactions:
    +15
    Hosting itself was fine, as was the customer service. However, when I decided to cancel my plan, they still decided to automatically bill me, even after requesting a cancellation of my plan. I requested a refund and was met with a cookie-cutter response telling me they're sorry to see me leave, ignoring my request.

11. Rohun_

Rohun_ Member

Reactions:
    +0
    Anyone experiencing a crappy service from these guys?
    My group and i bought a server from Shockbyte, after their managing director Mitch Smith was snooping in our "cart" that we had left unattended on their website for a couple days. We were comparing prices from other server hosters as well.

This is what we bought from Shockbyte

Product/Service: Minecraft Server Hosting - Obsidian
    Server Location: - Australia
    First Payment Amount: $27.00AUD
    Recurring Amount: $54.00AUD
    Billing Cycle: Monthly

Now let me begin by saying that the pricing was great after all seeing that the server is located in Australia, My group and i are located in New Zealand. We have bought many servers before from other hosters who supplied us with Australian servers...

The Problem..

Latency/Ping/RTT/Whatever you want to call it..

Never have we experienced a server that was so close to home that gave us 250-300ms of ping. Across many games, and servers we bought majority of them were in Sydney, Australia and we've always had a RTT/ Ping of around 50-110 or in that region. (We all play with great isp's who provide us with 800+Mb/s Download 100Mb/s Upload speeds, across the country)

I've reached out to their "support team" for the past 2 days now of purchasing this server from Shockbyte and the only response im getting is "we will get back to you shortly" it's been almost 2 days now and that's all I've been getting in terms of any solution or resolution.

My goal here is to get this situation more aware and get this resolved quicker because im getting tired of "we will get back to you shortly", my friends are considering quitting playing the game all together because of this issue.

Someone who has the power to do something on this Hosts Server please notice this and do something, Please don't say make a support ticket because i have and it's already been "live chat escalated" whatever that means..
    Ticket #138608

I want to know if anyone else had this issue and if there is someone in charge of this server please do something about it. I'd like play on the server and have a good time rather then just asking for a refund of a server that feels like it's being hosted on a potato.

Regards,
    Rohan

Edit:
    Issue was resolved, turns out because they had a server shortage they put me on a Singapore server but didn't tell me that prior to me buying the server. This frustration could have been avoided if someone had actually told me from the beginning that there was a shortage on servers and that we are going to be placed in a Singapore server.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  12. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    ️ Game rules allow you to alter your Minecraft server or single player world.

Game rules are extremely useful because they allow you to natively modify the function of the game in ways that would otherwise require a plugin or mod.

13. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    It's here! Minecraft 1.13: Update Aquatic is live and available as a one-click install at Shockbyte.

Watch our Update Aquatic cinematic on YouTube:

14. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    Map Markers are a brand new 1.13 feature that allow to mark locations and waypoints on maps in Minecraft.

Learn how to use Map Markers in our latest tutorial.

15. OP
    OP
    Shockbyte

Reactions:
    +11
    ️ Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Server is the official server software for Minecraft Bedrock Edition released by Mojang.

Install the Bedrock Dedicated Server software on your Shockbyte server with our new guide.

16. Kazdeejuyy

Kazdeejuyy Member

Reactions:
    +53
    Damn shit, this host is considered expensive already.
    Also, they seem to frequently dodge the recent questions posted on this thread. They don't give a shit about their customers.
    $2.50 = Not giving a shit support and slow performance.

Damn fam, you are losing against those $1 hosting companies as they completely blow this joke of a host out of the water.

17. Kiri

Kiri Member Chat Moderator Premium

Minecraft Accounts: thankful Mouse
    Reactions:
    +266
    I would absolutely not recommend this host. They have random downtimes and don't give any update on what is happening whenever the downtime is occurring, you just have to wait until it's back up. The live chat support doesn't do any "technical support". You can push the ticket to priority for $3... Like what? Issues like downtime should be looked at immediately, it's actually quite ridiculous hosting company of this size cannot provide any decent support or even update you on any downtimes.

18. Xi Jinping

Xi Jinping Communist Party of China Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Diocese
    Reactions:
    +63
    Don't tell me McCities still use this host.

19. Meijer

Meijer Seller/Advertisement Manager Premium

Reactions:
    +386
    For anyone thinking that this is a good host, I highly don't recommend it. I've been using this host since the day it came out, (forged with Duesma Hosting), at first, it was amazing, but in the last 1-2 years, their support has turned to shit. It takes up to 2 months to get a response, unless you want to pay "Fast Track" which is like $3.

20. sodium chloride

sodium chloride Member

Reactions:
    +0
    I had the exact same experience, pretty annoying. Also can take them a very long time to respond to tickets. One of my tickets has been up for over 2 weeks. Kind of strange considering it usually doesn't take them over half an hour to respond to 24/7 chat. Hosting is dodgy too. I am hosting a paper 1.14.3 server with 6gb of RAM and it lags whenever we get like 9 players. This is with tons of optimization and low-impact plugins. Really don't get what is going on with this host. Could it really be 1.14s fault?