Selling a server

Status
This thread has been locked.

KevinEssence

Deactivated
Reactions
Resources
How would you go about chargebacks, which I'm sure would happen, if you sold your server to a new owner as the old payments and ranks would still remain on your paypal account if the players decide they don't like the new owner or management?

Also, what's the safest way to receive huge payments if you were to sell your server?

edgedonkey

Reactions
Resources
For selling the server you can use a middleman. In the case of larger sales in the tens of thousands of dollars I'd highly recommend using legal escrow, which is just a legally binding middleman service of sorts.

As for chargebacks, that's very difficult to avoid. If the new owner shuts down or drastically changes the server, you are almost guaranteed to have some old players charging back.

EDIT: If you have any other or more specific questions feel free to PM me. I've got both experience buying and selling servers as well as real world business and legal knowledge.

Last edited:

KevinEssence

Deactivated
Reactions
Resources
Thank you for the information guys.

F

Founder

If someone charges back over ownership, they're pretty stupid. Typically just ensure when the person buys the server that they don't change anything dramatically/bad.

Coro123x007

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/58397/)

TannerLittle

♨ Java Developer
Banned
Reactions
Resources
If someone charges back on an old payment, and assuming you have no refunds defined in your tos, take them to small claims ;)

Banned forever. Reason: Attempted phishing members of MC-Market.
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.