Xenforo - Instalation

Status
This thread has been locked.

GalaxyRealms

Reactions
Resources
Hello Everyone!
I just bought Xenforo, I need a little help. I am trying to install Xenforo on cPanel, I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me Install it. I am also wondering if it will be possible to setup a plugin with Xenforo for the player's to run /register on the server then they will get an account on the Xenforo site.
Thank you!

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers
F

Founder

Don't use cPanel, get VPS hosting from a supplier such as BeastNode (our sponsor).

GalaxyRealms

Reactions
Resources
cPanel + Forums = No. Trust me on this one, not only is it a security vulnerability (cPanel used to have a lot) - but hosts restrict you. You'll only end up moving to VPS'.
How much RAM do you recommend for a 100-200 user base?

K3Feedz

MineRidge Owner
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Hello Everyone!
I just bought Xenforo, I need a little help. I am trying to install Xenforo on cPanel, I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me Install it. I am also wondering if it will be possible to setup a plugin with Xenforo for the player's to run /register on the server then they will get an account on the Xenforo site.
Thank you!
I use hostgator for my old xenforo lol.

ConnorPeet

Reactions
Resources
Eh, learning your way around bash and Linux is good. But, holding off the elitism, if you just want to get a site up, cPanel is sufficient. Just be aware of the security implications; use best practices around securing user's personal information and make backups regularly.

GalaxyRealms

Reactions
Resources
Eh, learning your way around bash and Linux is good. But, holding off the elitism, if you just want to get a site up, cPanel is sufficient. Just be aware of the security implications; use best practices around securing user's personal information and make backups regularly.
A VPS does not cost to much so i will use that. I just don't know how to install it on a VPS.[DOUBLEPOST=1417128726,1417128466][/DOUBLEPOST]
cPanel + Forums = No. Trust me on this one, not only is it a security vulnerability (cPanel used to have a lot) - but hosts restrict you. You'll only end up moving to VPS'.
Do you happen to know anyone that will be able to help me out with the Xenforo installation?

Blowns

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Eh, I got Spartan web hosting for 1.50. Works perfectly fine, just need to know how to setup a MySQL Database which is really easy.

Ian___

Reactions
Resources
lol ovh classic. you dont need that much ram for a web server so you're over spending and getting a horrible host.
What does mc-market use?

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
If you're plan to only run LAMP you barely need any RAM (the OVH VPS Classic 1 is more than enough).
Just be careful that you get enough bandwidth (besides OVH, most packages on the lower end don't offer much bandwidth).

I also recommend zPanel. It's a free control panel and it works really well.
Makes everything easier for everyone, whether you know what you're doing or not.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.