Best host?

Status
This thread has been locked.

SellingVotes

Reactions
Resources
I've heard a lot of people saying ovh.com is by far the best host. But how about SYS and hosts like mcprohosting, cause they arent resellers though?

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Ok so here's how it works:

• OVH + SYS offer dedicated servers, meaning you have full control over them - this is going to be a cheaper option for you compared to most hosts, especially if you use SYS (don't use the game servers as they only last for 1 month with ought renewal - had to find this out the hard way).
  • MCProHosting is a big host, but by far not the best - 'Minecraft hosts' usually host just Minecraft servers, meaning tonnes of other people using mcprohosting will be on the same dedicated server as you. If you are going for shared hosting, like mcprohosting, I highly recommend http://shockbyte.com - the only host that's cheaper than the quality. Their support is great, and so are the servers. $2.50/GB RAM (won't find it anywhere else).

I probably didn't explain this too well but I hope i got the general point across.

SinncereTV

Professional Builder
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I use DataShack They have some good and cheap Dedicated servers I haven't had a problem with them so far...

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming is not tolerated.

RPGTurtle

{Seller}
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I use DataShack They have some good and cheap Dedicated servers I haven't had a problem with them so far...
They fucking screwed me over. I suddenly lost all connection to the server, I asked their support what was wrong, two hours later I get a message saying something with the OS is wrong. Okay. They say they'll fix it asap as its a problem on their end. Great. 2 hours later (It's 12:30AM by now) they say they can't do anything about the issue and they'll install a KVM for $25... Really? I try to log on, but the KVM doesn't work. I ask them about it and they say they can't do anything about it. So I say is there anyway I can recover my data? They say yes. Alright, perfect. I go to sleep. 2 hours after I've gone to sleep I get an email from them saying I have 5 hours to log onto the KVM and get my data back. I'm asleep, so I can't do anything. Once I'm awake I find my data gone.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming, (https://www.mc-market.org/threads/425031/)

TemptingMC

Premium
Reactions
Resources
I recommend reliablesite(Backend) with ProxyPipe(DDoS Prot.).

OVH is very easy to be taken down now. Any smart person can take it down and it's ridiculous even when your in perm. mitigation mode. It's either that or the groups after me are just very strong which I highly doubt xD

Todd Wilson

Banned
Reactions
Resources
I would reccomend soyoustart its a really good vps/dedicated machines host!

Banned forever. Reason: Ban on other account (Multi-accounting)

Hulk

Banned
Reactions
Resources
ShockByte i use is very good like way better than mcpro. I never get any server errors my server is never down due to host maintenance its really just very good.

Banned forever. Reason: Breaking MC-Market rules

ConnorPeet

Reactions
Resources
You generally get what you pay for. OVH is decent. Datashack is alright if you don't care about uptime (you do). You shouldn't really compare dedicated providers to places like MCPH and Shockbyte, though -- they're two different types of hosting and target audiences!

SinncereTV

Professional Builder
Banned
Reactions
Resources
You generally get what you pay for. OVH is decent. Datashack is alright if you don't care about uptime (you do). You shouldn't really compare dedicated providers to places like MCPH and Shockbyte, though -- they're two different types of hosting and target audiences!
HHmm i have had a Downtime on my service from DataShack and i been with them for 5 months now.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming is not tolerated.

GlobeMC

Reactions
Resources
Ok so here's how it works:

• OVH + SYS offer dedicated servers, meaning you have full control over them - this is going to be a cheaper option for you compared to most hosts, especially if you use SYS (don't use the game servers as they only last for 1 month with ought renewal - had to find this out the hard way).
  • MCProHosting is a big host, but by far not the best - 'Minecraft hosts' usually host just Minecraft servers, meaning tonnes of other people using mcprohosting will be on the same dedicated server as you. If you are going for shared hosting, like mcprohosting, I highly recommend http://shockbyte.com - the only host that's cheaper than the quality. Their support is great, and so are the servers. $2.50/GB RAM (won't find it anywhere else).

I probably didn't explain this too well but I hope i got the general point across.
I would like to disagree. I think trueworldgaming is better. They are cheaper and the owner is willing to spend time with you and help with you servers. now that is the best customer support

ereeq

A poor homeless man
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I would like to disagree. I think trueworldgaming is better. They are cheaper and the owner is willing to spend time with you and help with you servers. now that is the best customer support
What's trueworldgaming? I haven't heard of it.

Switchbladed

Premium
Reactions
Resources
First, thanks to all those who recommended us (Shockbyte).

We offer everything TWG does and more but have a bigger team and have been doing it a lot longer. I'm sure if you were willing to try us out, you would agree with the others in this thread. We offer a 24 hour money back guarantee, so feel free to trial us.

GlobeMC

Reactions
Resources
First, thanks to all those who recommended us (Shockbyte).

We offer everything TWG does and more but have a bigger team and have been doing it a lot longer. I'm sure if you were willing to try us out, you would agree with the others in this thread. We offer a 24 hour money back guarantee, so feel free to trial us.
You may have been doing it longer but the guy who runs TWG is a developer for multicraft so i don't think your as experienced and his customer support is unreal. He even will help you build on your sevrer and create banners for you and things like that and its cheaper

GlobeMC

Reactions
Resources
trueworldgaming.com
And, I do think they are a registered business. I was reading up on their EULA and I can recall it saying something like that. AMAZING support. I cannot emphasize how great their support is!
finally someone who agrees. There support is unbeatable and if you look hard enough you will find on their website that they are legal

TheWebGamer

Reactions
Resources
Here is where Jon and I are developing modules for Multicraft http://multicraft.twghost.com/

Here is our current Business license.. http://www.trueworldgaming.com/legal/twg2014licensewmc.jpg

Here is our 2011 license before I changed the name of the company in April to have a full.com and all the other dots as well. 2014.
http://www.trueworldgaming.com/legal/thewebgamerbusinesslicense.png
Feel free to check the creation date of TheWebGamer.net. It is much older than 2011.

See my finger waving in your little face and my laugh at little boys who do not have any idea who or what they are talking about.

Here is my Professional Profile with dates going back a decade or more. http://www.linkedin.com/in/billcarrollsr/ Here I am!

Wm Cruz Carroll Sr, Owner
True World Gaming
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
After pruning this thread of the hate and what flaming, I have now re-opened.

Keep the flames to Skype/PM please. Thanks.

Banned forever. Reason: Leaking personal information/Framing another user
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.