The Nebula and MCNebulas: A Piece of my Life Torn Away From Me

Status
This thread has been locked.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
For the past 2 1/2 years I've been cooking up a hell of a network.
It was named The Nebula.
I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars for custom plugins, artwork, websites, etc. Over this time it has become a bit of my life.
All was well until I found out about MCNebulas.

SkyDoesMinecraft and SubZeroExtrabyte and making this server. They have all the money they need plus much much more, so you know they could do all I've done out of my pocket in a week. All of my work. Everything. The only 'Nebula' server the Minecraft community will know is DAMN MCNEBULAS. I'm sorry. It just gets me so infuriated. Just to know that all of this has just been in vain.

So. Tell me. What do I do now? I wanted to keep going, but they're server is practically the same as mine. Custom games, mini games, big events, the whole bit.

All of this I've worked on for two years.

So now I'm reaching out to you, community.

What do I do?

Banned forever. Reason: Cloning MC-Market, read the FAQ.
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Change your name and continue on.

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
If your content is really as good as you say, you will still be successful even if you change your name. Try to contact the guys who made your graphics and beg them to help you out. It still sucks that you have to go through all of this, but it's necessary if you want to keep going. No point in throwing away 2 1/2 years of work when the solution is way easier.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
If your content is really as good as you say, you will still be successful even if you change your name. Try to contact the guys who made your graphics and beg them to help you out. It still sucks that you have to go through all of this, but it's necessary if you want to keep going. No point in throwing away 2 1/2 years of work when the solution is way easier.
I can't just change my name. I payed $375 for the logo, and he won't change it. I don't have any more money to spend. I really like the name. I want to keep it to. Plus, I trademarked The Nebula. Do you think I have a shot at sueing them?

Vast_Venom

Reactions
Resources
Find out where he lives, show up with a crowbar and smash his windows in, climb through the windows grab his pc smash it to shit, burn the house down and erase any cctv footage nearby, escape the country and you're all fine.

MCHelper

Reactions
Resources
IceCubeCat, I understand your situation. Here's some solutions I've thought of.

• Change your name
Changing your name may cost a fee, But there's lot's of talented people to help you do it for a good price. Even if you don't want to change it, changes will come and go, and this might be one of them.
  • Contact SkydoesMinecraft & SubZeroExtrabyte
Contact them through their business email, if they don't answer, contact them again in a week or two.
  • Sue SkydoesMinecraft & SubZeroExtrabyte
If your saying this is true and you have legal trademark rights, feel free to sue them. (This will take up more cash than making a new logo)

I hope this helps you out.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Find out where he lives, show up with a crowbar and smash his windows in, climb through the windows grab his pc smash it to shit, burn the house down and erase any cctv footage nearby, escape the country and you're all fine.
Not even once

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
IceCubeCat, I understand your situation. Here's some solutions I've thought of.
  • Sue SkydoesMinecraft & SubZeroExtrabyte
If your saying this is true and you have legal trademark rights, feel free to sue them. (This will take up more cash than making a new logo)

I hope this helps you out.
Can't we get money out of it?

SpongyBacon

Reactions
Resources
IceCube, I worked on MCNebulas for the best part of 1 1/2 months for Sub and Sky.
Let me tell you this: They have spent thousands on graphics, plugins, hosting and more. As much as i'd love to say otherwise, you can't compete with that unless you have an equivalent youtuber and the same kind of budget that they have.

Change your name if you want to go anywhere with it. Oh and I wouldn't bother trying with the legal path, imagine the kind of lawyers Sky has.

Good luck :3

Edit: I left because of work load.

MCHelper

Reactions
Resources
Can't we get money out of it?
Probably,

IceCube, I worked on MCNebulas for the best part of 1 1/2 months for Sub and Sky.
Let me tell you this: They have spent thousands on graphics, plugins, hosting and more. As much as i'd love to say otherwise, you can't compete with that unless you have an equivalent youtuber and the same kind of budget that they have.

Change your name if you want to go anywhere with it. Oh and I wouldn't bother trying with the legal path, imagine the kind of lawyers Sky has.

Listen, If they have full trademark rights, no matter what lawyers they have, they can't cover it.

Vast_Venom

Reactions
Resources

Trademark... DUH DUH DUH Brings a hammer and hits my head multiple times.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I can't just change my name. I payed $375 for the logo, and he won't change it. I don't have any more money to spend. I really like the name. I want to keep it to. Plus, I trademarked The Nebula. Do you think I have a shot at sueing them?
I don't know who you paid $375 for that logo, because it almost looks like word art (I'm not trying to be mean). When you spend 2.5 years making a server and don't release anything in that time, you're just wasting more and more time. You snooze you loose, and as unfortunate as it is, it seems as if you snoozed when it came to releasing your server with the name you wanted. You trademarked the Nebula, maybe that's why sky is MCNebulas, you can try to sell them rights your trademark, make some money back, change your name, get new graphics, and release ASAP.

That's the best option I have for you dude and you'll really need to rename yourself because if I make a server called MCMineplex, I'm pretty damn sure it would get hate (maybe a few players just because of the name) but it would have to live up to Mineplex's legacy in order to survive, which would be nearly impossible.

F

Founder

Change your name, get a nice new logo (don't really like your logo as maxben34 says, no offence) and carry on. You've wasted time.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
That isn't my logo.
This is.*Snip*
Here's my logo for one of my gamemodes

bQthkwD.jpg

I spent $0 on it. I'm sure you can get a new logo for a low price if you know the right people.

IceCubeCat

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Here's my logo for one of my gamemodes

bQthkwD.jpg

I spent $0 on it. I'm sure you can get a new logo for a low price if you know the right people.
We payed for the quality we wanted. We bought from www.inkbyte.net.

No regrets.

InfinityBuilds

Reactions
Resources
Sky's server is old old news. Like, they've been working on that shit for months.
You should've contacted them at the start and try to persuade them of a change of name.

Your server will probs be out faster than theirs, so many if you make a big enough splash and get good coverage, they'll have to change their name.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.