Minecraft Server List.. A user experience re-think.

Status
This thread has been locked.

OrzoNetwork

Banned
Reactions
Resources
WE STILL NEED YOUR FEEDBACK!

3,700 Unique users, doubled the sites visitors in 2 weeks! The growth is real!

http://minecraft-server.net/stats

5b1a54e847.png

UPDATE! I'm back with updates guys:
  • Due to demand, even though there is an option by clicking 'Sort By, Newest' we created a button that directs you to it immediately.
  • All servers now have a description to go with there banner, this should help promote them as a whole, allowing them to pull people in.
  • SEO has been taken to the next level, hitting 80-120/day from Google with only a few days after SEO work.
  • Statistics for users are now available to the public, all are numbers are real. Nothing to hide : http://minecraft-server.net/stats
  • All the pages have been updated to match the current theme.
  • Lots of speed issues are now fixed, site is now 82% more efficient with load times.
  • Advertisements are both purchased from larger sites, plus self advertising has begun once again!
In the works:
  • Sort system for servers is being updated again shortly, slowly improving them depending on user/server owner feedback
  • VIP system, currently it does take up ALOT of the page. This needs to be addressed.
  • Bump system is looking into improvements.
  • Search engine to much better help users find what they are looking for!
  • Suggestions from you guys!
Updated Picture:

IDCm9g6.png

Hello everyone,

I own and run a Minecraft Server list and have noticed been working with a friend to create a system that caters to every type of users needs.

First I'll run though the features and show a picture of the current design. Mods, if you want me to remove the banners, names etc. Message me.

• Bump List - The number one complaint I always seem to receive is that the 'big servers get bigger' and the new guys don't have a chance. Lots of people referring to planetminecraft as a place to start. To account for this a bump list was added. Once every 24 hours a server owner can bump there server to the front page on the site. No payment, no catches. 100% free.
  • Lottery - Currently listed at the bottom of the 2 VIP users is a 3rd, this user is not paying for the VIP placement. Once every 24 hours a random server (which has gained at least 1 vote) is selected and placed in the very last VIP slot. Again, no payment, no catch. Simply free advertising as a thank you for sending voters to the site. A week was trailed but 24 hours was much more suited.
  • Extensive Sorting - People love what they love. Say you want a Pixelmon server, but you want to play on an older client.. We can show you that, maybe you live in the USA too? Sort by hosted location.. Maybe you want a smaller community too! Sort by player count or most recently added. We believed the more options a user had, the better. Also, making this option right at the top shows we are committed to adverting EVERYONE, not just those who get to the top.
  • Tutorials - Some people said that they would not play modded servers as they would have to go and look up all the information before they could play.. We decided that if someone wanted to play a Pixelmon server, we would link directly to a guide for how to setup and login to play. Currently still working on a full list, but the idea is there.
  • Votifier - The plugin that lets you award your players for voting. Fully supported.
Thanks for checking this out, please leave feedback if you have any idea's/suggestions on how we can improve or change the design to be more user friendly. To both server owners and general players!

BTT6klj.png

Banned forever. Reason: I guessed it.

xXBlazeCraftXx

AngelicCraft Owner
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Nice! I'll post my server for sure :)

Banned forever. Reason: Multi-accounting is not permitted.

OrzoNetwork

Banned
Reactions
Resources
I'm back to announce are next step in large updates, this ones for the SEO's. We are going to be trying for much better, higher rankings on the three major search engines to drive more traffic and populate the site further.

Thanks to all the larger servers who have signed up, apoligises for the spam again but it's one of the few ways to get the sites name out there!

Flamedek

Reactions
Resources
What I, as a consumer, would like to see is more a tag based search. There could be a field of tags, and you can select multiple. Then a search is generated showing only servers that match all of those tags. For a more specific search and list then just categories.
When listing a server you can select all the tags you see fitting to your server.

And for the sponsored servers, sure, put them at the top. But I don't see why it needs the big headers (Sponsored Servers, Minecraft Server List). The VIP or ranking number should be sufficient.

Just my opinion since you asked for feedback :)

OrzoNetwork

Banned
Reactions
Resources
All feedback/suggestions ( good or bad ) is welcome!

Got a 'rough' fix to your suggestion, wanted to hear your personal opinion on it!

UPDATES:

Happy New Year! We start on 4,000+ daily. Lets see how far we can go!
  • SEO has been improved slightly on-site. Improves the search-ability of each category, its country and unique version number. Will take a week or 2 too see the effects.
  • We are back on 2 advert banners, this is mainly to get the site on a dedicated ASAP with a much better connection, speed is becoming more important now.
  • Traffic from the major search engines has doubled. We are always working to continue this and reduce the ratio between search traffic and vote traffic.
Now @ASyed suggested a few posts back about tracking the player count to within every 5 minutes. So here's what we over at http://minecraft-server.net have come up with:

When a server details page is loaded, and AJAX is triggered (after a cache expire time of 4 minutes) which does a check for all of the servers stats (players online, version, revision, online/offline etc) and updates the fields. Now what we plan to do is store the data at around the 5 minute intervals, depending on server load.

This is not a full proof way to do it, after all a page has to be loaded to report the most recent data, but with the site being more popular the numbers are becoming more and more accurate. Server details are auto refreshed every hour or so, mostly due to server power.

All feedback/suggestions ( good or bad ) is welcome!

jasonarunner

Reactions
Resources
I love it and my server will 100% be added onto there :)

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Hey can't access the website now(school), mind telling me the prices?

OrzoNetwork

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Current costs are $40/week. I offer slots for free in turn for promotion.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I honestly love how the site looks etc.
Will definitely end up using it when my network releases!

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Spoke to the Owner/Manager, really nice guy - honest.

Will end up buying a slot when we get large enough to have use for one :)

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Will definitely purchase once ready. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1421079868,1421079705][/DOUBLEPOST]Suggestion: Make it so the servers aren't right in your face. Scale the banners / sections down to size and potentially add more servers onto the front page.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.