Public service announcement to people selling stuff...

Status
This thread has been locked.

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Put some effort into your ads. I've looked at several threads that were very scant on details and/or pictures. It's like you didn't even try... Presentation matters. The more appealing your ad is, the more likely people will be interested and you'll make a sale. If your ad is very vague and has like one picture, buyers are probably going to overlook it or try and low ball you.

Tips:
  • Use Imgur for images, YouTube for video, and Github for code.
  • Shaders are cool and all, but most people DON'T use shaders. Include non-shaded images so that we can see how they are going to look to the average user.
  • We want to see more then just one or two images of your build. More images is better. It allows the buyer to see the level of detail and what exactly they are buying. Imgur allows you to make albums, it's a great feature. I suggest you use it.
  • If your build has an interior, show us it.
  • Don't sell stuff on behalf of other people. If someone has something to sell, they should sell it them self.
  • Give a price. You're the seller, you should lead off the negotiation. If people think it's too high, then they can counter offer. If you don't know what your asset is worth, then run it through the appraisal subforum first.
  • Don't magically bump up prices and say you got an offer on Skype. That looks really shady. The whole point of this website is to be a marketplace. If you want the site to have legitimacy you should try and be transparent and conduct as much of the business here.
  • Explicitly state your terms for the sale in your ad. (example: upon payment I relinquish all rights to the buyer for said asset. upon payment you will be given access to said asset. etc) This is to protect both you and the buyer, and so there is no confusion when completing the transaction.

I'll list more tips as I can think of them. Feel free to add to the tips/suggestions if you feel it will add to the legitimacy of the site. If we don't exercise some uniformity this will become a breeding ground for scammers and not be taken serious.

Last edited:
Banned forever. Reason: Excessive violations of rules
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Very useful thread to all those plebians out there.

Glad to see somebody putting effort towards helping out the community.

Banned forever. Reason: Leaking personal information/Framing another user

rwsender

Nobody
Premium
Reactions
Resources
sticky to all selling forums?

very useful!

Cookie Monster

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Use http://minus.com/ for images, Imgur is horrible and uploads your photos with bad quality.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming is not tolerated.

Mason

CEO, Craftimize LLC
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Use http://minus.com/ for images, Imgur is horrible and uploads your photos with bad quality.
Imgur is absolutely fine, we don't need 4K renders of builds.
Also, imgur has this BEAUTIFUL thing called compression, so that people who don't know how to correctly save a file for web use can still upload it to imgur. I hate when it takes a completely unnecessary amount of time for a picture to load because the author wanted it to be as high res as possible.

Cookie Monster

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Imgur is absolutely fine, we don't need 4K renders of builds.
Also, imgur has this BEAUTIFUL thing called compression, so that people who don't know how to correctly save a file for web use can still upload it to imgur. I hate when it takes a completely unnecessary amount of time for a picture to load because the author wanted it to be as high res as possible.
Yeah, but thread designs for example, imgur turns them into complete shit. Minus, on the other hand renders them out exactly how they are seen on my computer.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming is not tolerated.

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Yeah, but thread designs for example, imgur turns them into complete shit. Minus, on the other hand renders them out exactly how they are seen on my computer.

What file format do you save your thread designs in? Do you have a source image I can look at?

Banned forever. Reason: Excessive violations of rules
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.