Planet Factions | Invest your skills, not your money!

Status
This thread has been locked.

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Before I start, if you don't like my idea of the "Invest your skills, not your money", just keep it to yourself, please. Too many threads on this forum turn to garbage from people picking apart threads just to get an extra post on their account. Thanks.

THE SERVER

I would rather not disclose all my ideas on a public forums since the server is not up yet and I don't want people taking the ideas. All I will tell you here is that it's a very unique idea that I have been brewing up, and you might be able to get an idea of my plan just by hearing the name (Planet Factions). It is a Space-Themed Factions Network.

WHAT I ALREADY HAVE

Currently, I have a 72gb dedicated server that is free for me to use for now. By this, I mean that the company is letting me use it for free until Planet Factions is steady and bringing in donations. I also have over 2 years of server creation experience and plenty of successful deals on MC-Market.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU!

Let me get this straight, I am not looking for your money. I am looking for the skills that so many people on here possess that I do not (Plugin Developers, Builders). I am looking for developers and builders for this server.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO IT?

This is a lot more safe for you to invest on. Instead of putting down hundreds of dollars and risking the person who you invested in doing something else with the money, you are going to be sure that what you are making is going on this server, since your investment is the work! For example, if you are a developer, you and I would come up with a price for a plugin you are making, you would make it and put it on the server, then you would get paid a % (Can be negotiated on skype) of the money left every month after bills are paid.

CONTACT
If you've made it this far, I sure hope to be working with you.
I can be contacted in the following ways:
Or by PM on MC-Market if you don't want to add me on skype right away.
Remember, if you have a question feel free to leave a reply on this post or add me on skype.

I hope to be working with you. Thanks.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers
F

Founder

To clarify, this is a "work for free until the server is making money - but no guarantee's" worded better?

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Like Verringer said, are builders / developers being paid, or?

Hainemakoru

Hainemakoru
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I guess so as it is said in the description
"
you and I would come up with a price for a plugin you are making, you would make it and put it on the server, then you would get paid a % (Can be negotiated on skype) of the money left every month after bills are paid

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/158210/, http://www.mc-market.org/threads/158034/)

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
To clarify, this is a "work for free until the server is making money - but no guarantee's" worded better?
I guess so as it is said in the description
"
Hey guys.

Builders and Developers WILL be payed, but they will be payed by getting a % of profits (profits = money left after bills are payed) until they get all their money back + an extra % of money returned back since it's an investment. In my opinion, this would be more ideal for devs and builders because instead of putting in money and losing hard earned cash from an investment, the worst result from this is you get a smaller amount back and the server doesn't take off. If it doesn't take off, you would be losing less than if you had invested cash.

Also, if anyone is great with graphics I'd be looking for the same sort of deal but with graphics.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will help you as much as I can.

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Hey guys.

Builders and Developers WILL be payed, but they will be payed by getting a % of profits (profits = money left after bills are payed) until they get all their money back + an extra % of money returned back since it's an investment. In my opinion, this would be more ideal for devs and builders because instead of putting in money and losing hard earned cash from an investment, the worst result from this is you get a smaller amount back and the server doesn't take off. If it doesn't take off, you would be losing less than if you had invested cash.

Also, if anyone is great with graphics I'd be looking for the same sort of deal but with graphics.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will help you as much as I can.
Time is just as valuable to me as money.

If you had some sort of pre-payment, I'd be happy to help.

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources

Oh I completely agree, but losing a plugin or a build that you made is probably easier to accept than losing 300$ or more. 300$ can buy a lot of different things, a build is a build.

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Oh I completely agree, but losing a plugin or a build that you made is probably easier to accept than losing 300$ or more. 300$ can buy a lot of different things, a build is a build.
So you dont have any pre-payment to give to builders?

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources

Add me on skype, we can try to work something out.
Skype = pwblais[DOUBLEPOST=1419811011,1419810915][/DOUBLEPOST]
So you dont have any pre-payment to give to builders?
Try to think of this thread as an investment thread. It's the same thing, but your investing your skills instead of your money. On a normal investment thread, the investor doesn't receive money before investing. That waits until the server takes off :)

LINGLING

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Vouch for Potrock meh boiii - messaged on skype

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/111661/)

samjoesquid

Own servers
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Vouch and +1. Good Guy Greg pretty much. Anyone who works with him is lucky.

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I am still looking for a builder, and a Graphics Designer!

Thank you everyone!

Hainemakoru

Hainemakoru
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Just because i dont like the theme doesnt mean i cant do shit lol
Okey guys, enough, let's get back on the topic bout investing for Potrock :)

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/158210/, http://www.mc-market.org/threads/158034/)
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.