Bukkit shutting down, thoughts?

Status
This thread has been locked.

Alexis

Reactions
Resources
Earlier today, EvilSeph made a post on the bukkit.org forum, letting people know that due to the recent changes to the Minecraft EULA, they're now going to stop the development on the Bukkit project entirely, there is a few more things to it then that but I won't go over all of them here, you can read the entire post here if you'd like.
What strikes me is that post was later edited by Mojang members, letting people know that the post will "be continued", whatever that means, I was just wondering what everyone else's take on the post is and what you think will happen to Bukkit.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Interesting. Maybe Bukkit is trying to put brute force changes.

Banned forever. Reason: Excessive violations of rules

Nighterblde

Well-Respected Member
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Earlier today, EvilSeph made a post on the bukkit.org forum, letting people know that due to the recent changes to the Minecraft EULA, they're now going to stop the development on the Bukkit project entirely, there is a few more things to it then that but I won't go over all of them here, you can read the entire post here if you'd like.
What strikes me is that post was later edited by Mojang members, letting people know that the post will "be continued", whatever that means, I was just wondering what everyone else's take on the post is and what you think will happen to Bukkit.
Mojang, who secretly owned Bukkit for the past years, said no to them for closing Bukkit, so now, we don't really know what will happen now. Maybe Mojang will remove the EULA! :eek:

Banned forever. Reason: Community harassment + Multi-accounting

rwsender

Nobody
Premium
Reactions
Resources
its all over, there not going away now.

Alexis

Reactions
Resources
Mojang, who secretly owned Bukkit for the past years, said no to them for closing Bukkit, so now, we don't really know what will happen now. Maybe Mojang will remove the EULA! :eek:

We can only hope, would help everyone if they at-least lifted some of the restraints they've put on all of us by implementing the new EULA.

Brumblo

Full-Stack Web Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Please. apt-get update yourself.

Last edited:
F

Founder

My personal opinion regarding 'it's not going anywhere'.

Yes it is, do you want the pro-eula people in charge of servers?.. But hey, whatcha gonna do? It was mojangs plan.

Brumblo

Full-Stack Web Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
My personal opinion regarding 'it's not going anywhere'.

Yes it is, do you want the pro-eula people in charge of servers?.. But hey, whatcha gonna do? It was mojangs plan.
Eh, fair enough. I guess we all just yolo it.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.