Huge Network Idea

Status
This thread has been locked.

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
I know you could call this a double post, but I wouldn't really consider it a double post, since this is totally different.
Idea
So, MysticParadox had an idea of making a big network, out of lots of smaller servers. What this means, is all of our smaller 10-40 players servers, would change, and have one HUGE hub, that everyone spawns in, and then all the players choose what server they want to play, as all our servers would be interconnected with bungee. You may be asking, "Why would I do this? My players will probably leave for your server." No, they wont, I know this because the players wont want to start over, and if you are wondering "Will this help my server grow?" Yes! It most definitely will. Your server will grow because we would have a special voting setup. I assume you have heard of the plugin VoteSend. What would happen is we would get a new domain (whatever we want to name our big hub). Link that to the main central hub, and have ALL votes go to that hub. This way, all the servers combined would get enough votes to reach high positions on vote sites. This is how we grow, the more votes, the faster we grow! Right now, you most likely arent getting enough votes to be high on the vote lists, but now you will. The plugin VoteSend will allow all the votes sent to the main hub, to be dispersed across all the other servers, this way you can still reward your players! This is all for now, if you want to join, contact me via the contact info below.
Contact Info
PM Me on MC-Market
Comment Below
(I created a group chat on here, I will add anyone to it who wants to join)

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Isn't like the 4th thread of your idea to make a network...

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
The only different aspect about it is VoteSend. Everything else is the same.

1. Make Network
2. Bungee
3. Profit

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
The only different aspect about it is VoteSend. Everything else is the same.

1. Make Network
2. Bungee
3. Profit
My other posts were about merging and having one network with only 1 Skyblock, 1 Factions, 1 Towny, etc..., this one is about you keep your own networks, and all these seperate networks are bungee'd.

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
My other posts were about merging and having one network with only 1 Skyblock, 1 Factions, 1 Towny, etc..., this one is about you keep your own networks, and all these seperate networks are bungee'd.
Yea I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.

PresidentxMC

ur prez n fagit
Premium
Reactions
Resources
This would just confuse the players & cause a lot of problems between the server owners.

In theory, it's a nice idea, but in practice, this won't work.

RPGTurtle

{Seller}
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Everyone would fight. Who would manage the donations, who would look after the hub?

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming, (https://www.mc-market.org/threads/425031/)

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
The donations, each server would have its own, depending on the owner. :p
So your basically wanting to connect several networks into one network.

Well... first off it would decrease playerbase, no matter what you say, players always want to try something new.

1. Loss of donations.
2. Connecting to another hub to be connected to another hub is just a stupid process.

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
So your basically wanting to connect several networks into one network.

Well... first off it would decrease playerbase, no matter what you say, players always want to try something new.

1. Loss of donations.
2. Connecting to another hub to be connected to another hub is just a stupid process.
This gives them something new... people from MY server would join yours, and people from yours could play mine...

Parra1995

Reactions
Resources
Wait, so let me get this right..
You said in OP that we shouldn't be scared of losing players for another server, but then you can guarantee players from your server or another server will play on mine.. What if it was vice versa? Contradiction much.

Also, most smaller server owners on here own factions or prison, what are you going to have, 5 faction type servers and 5 prison servers?

What happens if bungee crashes or some owner screws something up on there or someone ddoses the server bungee is on?
There is endless bad things that can happen.

Like president said above, in theory it's good but in practice, it just won't work.

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
Wait, so let me get this right..
You said in OP that we shouldn't be scared of losing players for another server, but then you can guarantee players from your server or another server will play on mine.. What if it was vice versa? Contradiction much.

Also, most smaller server owners on here own factions or prison, what are you going to have, 5 faction type servers and 5 prison servers?

What happens if bungee crashes or some owner screws something up on there or someone ddoses the server bungee is on?
There is endless bad things that can happen.

Like president said above, in theory it's good but in practice, it just won't work.
That's a lot of ifs.

Hainemakoru

Hainemakoru
Banned
Reactions
Resources
This is such a bad idea you know that... so, if you are the one who is controlling the domains.. and almost bout 10+ servers connected, you would just probably deconnect them and every playerbase will go to your server.. since the hub is the main server selection spot.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/158210/, http://www.mc-market.org/threads/158034/)

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
This is such a bad idea you know that... so, if you are the one who is controlling the domains.. and almost bout 10+ servers connected, you would just probably deconnect them and every playerbase will go to your server.. since the hub is the main server selection spot.
That would only happen if I wanted to be a ***hole.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.