Project Mayhem. Criticize it so I know what I should work on!

Status
This thread has been locked.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I'd appreciate some constructive criticism on my server, Project Mayhem. We currently have one gamemode, MCI 2.0, but we will be releasing another unique gamemode within the next week or so. Anyways, let me know what you think of the server from all aspects!

I just released a new gamemode called Mayhem Mania. Please let me know what you think of it!

IP: play.pm-mc.com

Thanks for your help. Even spending a minute on the server and giving quick feedback makes a huge difference in helping me achieve my goals and making the server as awesome as possible.

Last edited:

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Deserves more players.
Thanks! I'm working on that. It currently has around 60-75 weekdays with peaks of 85-90 but we will see how the weekend goes :)

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Bump! If anybody could give it a shot and let me know their thoughts, I would really appreciate it!

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Since you have MCInfected, you should add a GTA Based, or CTF Based gamemode, with guns.
Instead of reading my post and doing nothing more than that, you shouldn't be offering advice. My MCInfected gamemode doesnt have guns so it wouldn't make sense to have any other gamemode with guns. Also, as I've stated, I want to have original gamemodes, and none of your advice was. I'm not looking for gamemode ideas, I'm looking for advice or feedback on how to make what's currently on the server, better or compliments on the server itself (if it deserves any).

Please don't post if you're going to choose to be ignorant.

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
Instead of reading my post and doing nothing more than that, you shouldn't be offering advice. My MCInfected gamemode doesnt have guns so it wouldn't make sense to have any other gamemode with guns. Also, as I've stated, I want to have original gamemodes, and none of your advice was. I'm not looking for gamemode ideas, I'm looking for advice or feedback on how to make what's currently on the server, better or compliments on the server itself (if it deserves any).

Please don't post if you're going to choose to be ignorant.
I never stated that your MCInfected had guns, did I? I have PLAYED your server before. It just seems that an Infected Based game mode (which more or less comes from call of duty), so it would be a good idea to add a gamemode from Call of Duty. Like CTF, or HeadQuarters, or even Domination! You dont have to get all pissy, and start saying I am wrong when you didnt read MY whole statement, or you are just too dumb to understand it and probably shouldn't be a server owner.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I never stated that your MCInfected had guns, did I? I have PLAYED your server before. It just seems that an Infected Based game mode (which more or less comes from call of duty), so it would be a good idea to add a gamemode from Call of Duty. Like CTF, or HeadQuarters, or even Domination! You dont have to get all pissy, and start saying I am wrong when you didnt read MY whole statement, or you are just too dumb to understand it and probably shouldn't be a server owner.
I have never branded myself as a call of duty server and this was never the intention or plan of my server. The fact that you said to add a gun based gamemode, since I have MCInfected would imply that you believed MCI had guns as well. Also, I could not find you in my player database. I'm actually not "dumb" in any way, and even without 38 domains I'm a great server owner and own a successful server after only a couple months.

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
I have never branded myself as a call of duty server and this was never the intention or plan of my server. The fact that you said to add a gun based gamemode, since I have MCInfected would imply that you believed MCI had guns as well. Also, I could not find you in my player database. I'm actually not "dumb" in any way, and even without 38 domains I'm a great server owner and own a successful server after only a couple months.
My name isnt ShiftMC... I have about 50 minecraft accounts that I use.

Wut

Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Disable players being able to use /plugins.
Also chat format is a bit strange, but nothing you can really do about that unless you do a big overhaul.

Looks like a really nice setup.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Disable players being able to use /plugins.
Also chat format is a bit strange, but nothing you can really do about that unless you do a big overhaul.

Looks like a really nice setup.
Yeah, I allow players to do ./pl because I'm not ashamed of them seeing the plugins I have :)

The format of MCInfected 2.0 is based off of a very old version, and for that reason we won't be changing it. (I agree that it could be improved but it's too nostalgic for many people).

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
ahem...

All seriousness, looks really cool. I'll pile up something together a bit later.

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Well I joined your server out of boredom a few days ago and I ended up donating a day after XD. In my opinion the best feature was the remaking of the COD maps. Brings back great memories and were quite fun to play on. I also loved how you added jump spots where it would be really hard for the infected to get to. All in all your server has great potential and is very well setup although on some of the maps you can see the flatworld in the distance. Good luck with this and see you there!

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Well I joined your server out of boredom a few days ago and I ended up donating a day after XD. In my opinion the best feature was the remaking of the COD maps. Brings back great memories and were quite fun to play on. I also loved how you added jump spots where it would be really hard for the infected to get to. All in all your server has great potential and is very well setup although on some of the maps you can see the flatworld in the distance. Good luck with this and see you there!
Awesome! Glad you enjoy my server enough to even donate to it. Thanks :).

A lot of our maps are community made as well. Glad you're a fan and dedicated player :).

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Bump! If you're bored and have nothing to do, check it out and tell me what you think :)

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
Well you kind of are using a Call of Duty map....

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Well you kind of are using a Call of Duty map....
I meant that I have no intention of being a COD network, or have anymore than one gamemode with guns (and none are in the works)

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.