In Home DDOS Protection ?

Status
This thread has been locked.

fraud

Banned
Reactions
Resources
I was checking out some Kick Starter's under the tech section & came across this.
I found it interesting cause it is super cheap compared to other products ! This may
help anyone that host their server off of their own connection... Although I find it highly
unlikely anyone host it off their connection that is on this forum. Anyways I thought it
was pretty cool! Check it out here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/itus/iguardian-the-home-internet-security-system

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming/Compromised Account

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
This obviously isn't for DDoS Mitigation as it says

"Keep your connected devices safe from malware, exploits, and other online threats. Zero configuration or complicated setup required."

If you want in-home DDoS Mitigation, ask your ISP for a reverse proxy. Verizon is giving me a reverse proxy due to too many DDoS attacks on my home network.

Banned forever. Reason: Leaking personal information/Framing another user

gosmartvps

Premium
Reactions
Resources
I'm fairly certain this wont work, as this is too far downstream to prevent attacks even from Hackforums "stress tools".

You probably have a 10mbps - 50mbps, or even 100mbps line to your house, and this device would reside in your house. The device can't protect any more traffic than the maximum amount of traffic your ISP lets you have. So even if this was the cleverest device in the world, if attackers sent 101mbps to your 100mbps home line, you'd still be offline

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.