[Urgent] Chargebacks

Status
This thread has been locked.

mb1552

Reactions
Resources
How do I deal with someone charging back? They have already done it and I need to know how to respond.

JJDAHM1

Basic Bitch
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Show all the proof you have, to prove your right.

Banned forever. Reason: Community Harrassment.

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
What is being chargedback? Donation items, etc?

Banned forever. Reason: Leaking personal information/Framing another user

mb1552

Reactions
Resources
We have a terms of use that says you can't refund... is that anything?

Sentinel

Banned
Reactions
Resources
We have a terms of use that says you can't refund... is that anything?
Post your terms of service. If they are clear and written well describing charge backs include that in your evidence. I would copy the terms of service from another famous server and put it as your own. After email paypal describing everything that happened. including your terms of service, Describe that because of your terms of service they are not allowed to chargeback. I have done this many times and have won every single one.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/74555/)

NotSoBoop

New Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I believe that because you said you can't "refund" doesn't mean they can't "chargeback," since it isn't stated.

mb1552

Reactions
Resources
(1) We reserve the right to change, with or without notice, to change ranks, perks ect whether you have or have not donated for them.

(2) You understand and agree that the use of this website, server, or any other content is made available and provided to you at your own risk. We disclaim all warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose, and non-infringement. You use all information and services at your own risk without our liability of any kind.

(3) We reserve the rights to forcibly make you leave the server, permanently or otherwise, with no refund.

(4) Agreeing to this document means you cannot ingage in any legal argument

(5) Upon agreeing to this document you cannot start a "chargeback" or request a refund.

Sentinel

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Email them also. It will usually get resolved within 12 hours if you email them and include your case number and the persons details of who chargebacked

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/74555/)

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
How do I deal with someone charging back? They have already done it and I need to know how to respond.
Is this through paypal or the credit card company. If it's through the credit card company, you've basically lost no matter what you say as it isn't up to paypal and they will simply say that you don't fall under their seller protection as you are selling intangible goods.

If it's through paypal you can win pretty easily, state that it's an intangible good (if it's through the credit card company do not do this) and show your TOS or any skype information etc.

Lastly, you will stand a better shot if the chargeback is for anything other than an unauthorized purchase. If this is through the cc company and it's unauthorized purchase, you will lose 10/10 times. If this is for the buyer not receiving the item as you stated, all you need to do is provide proof that they are wrong. Remember, your one job is to disprove the reason that the buyer stated for charging back. If you can do that, you can win (unless the credit card company is handling it).

NOTE: Chargebacks are through the credit card company. Disputes are through paypal. There is a big difference but in your case I'll just pretend as if you didn't know this.

sycoinc

Website Developer / Designer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Adding to maxben34 post, make sure to show proof of the user downloading the product, playing on your server with the donations or interacting with your website / server in any way. The more proof you have for intangible items (downloadable items / non physical goods) the better change paypal will refund you.

If this was through their credit card company you will have little chance to dispute it and win it back.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Adding to maxben34 post, make sure to show proof of the user downloading the product, playing on your server with the donations or interacting with your website / server in any way. The more proof you have for intangible items (downloadable items / non physical goods) the better change paypal will refund you.

If this was through their credit card company you will have little chance to dispute it and win it back.
If it's through he credit card company you don't want to prove that it's an intangible good or you won't be covered by paypal seller protection and you will instantly lose the dispute.

sycoinc

Website Developer / Designer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
If it's through he credit card company you don't want to prove that it's an intangible good or you won't be covered by paypal seller protection and you will instantly lose the dispute.

Yes that is correct, should haves stated that my response was if charged back via paypal

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.