Important Question

Status
This thread has been locked.

SSenile

Nectox CEO
Banned
Reactions
Resources
What do you all think of Minecraft as now?

Is it worth it to take time and create a server?

Is Minecraft dieing?
Just some simple questions I have. In my opinion, Minecraft is dieing, and making a new server would be worthless. Any ideas and/or comments?

Thanks in advance.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming (http://www.mc-market.org/threads/119226/)
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Lethal

♚ Masterpiece ♚
Restricted
Reactions
Resources
I believe Minecraft is getting worse and worse.

But with that said, I feel they need to enhance the Multiplayer experience, and cancel the EULA. Microsoft owns Minecraft know, so they can do whatever they want with it, (cancel the EULA).

I liked it when Minecraft was simple, none of the bunnies, horses, etc. Just simple. :3

Ordieon

Reactions
Resources
I have the opinion that Minecraft is a classic game, just look at how popular games like 'Age Of Empires II' are - so much so that it was re-released it on Steam.

Not only is Minecraft a classic, it's probably one of the most unique, creative games ever made (literally of all time).

I imagine the viral popularity may eventually decrease - especially on YouTube however, the game itself will be around for a long time.

To give you some perspective, Age of Empires II (many servers still thrive) came out 15 years ago in 1999 and World of Warcraft came out 9 years ago in 2004; both of which have a strong cult following.

Minecraft was officially released in November 18, 2011 - so, not even three years ago.

I dare say it will still be incredibly popular in many years to come; what game allows you to not only survive in the wilderness and fight monsters, but build your own home, completely change a LANDSCAPE - build a giant spaceship, an underwater city; all with your friends; the possibilities are endless, (not to mention all the mini-games, add-ons and mod packs available).

Creativity is timeless. Do what makes you happy.

Last edited:

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
The EULA is the EULA - it's their game, if we could stop complaining about it, that would be great.
As much as I don't like it, I think it's fair for both players and Mojang, and if anything just makes the game fair for everyone.

To answer the question, for me it depends on two things:
  • Are you doing this for enjoyment, if so then heck yea start a server - if anything majoring is adding more and more stuff into the game so theres more possibilities
  • Are you doing this for money, if so then you need a heck tonne of cash to actually get it somewhere from my experience.

ereeq

A poor homeless man
Premium
Reactions
Resources
As of making profit out of it, I don't think that's a good idea. Making a minecraft server is practically a drawing. If you get lucky, you succeed. If you are having fun, go and make a sever you will enjoy. That will definitely bring in players.

People still play minecraft, and I don't think it's dead.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.