TheSteveRizzo

Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Please let me know what you guys think of the following

--[Begin app discussion]--
Hey there,

I'm not great at making glamorous posts, but I felt like I should make a post about my desktop application that could be useful to both server owners and Minecraft players. This utility can show the previous names of a player, once name changes are released. If you are unsure of what this application does (since I'm terrible at explaining) give it a try for yourself, or ask me!

Download links are available at the end of the post.

FAQ:

Q: What does this do?
A: This is a desktop application that can show the previous names of any player registered to the Minecraft Community. For example, if I changed my name to "Fight_Or_Die123" from "Fight_Or_Die" - it will show both names. It will also show the current name of a player, if the proper option is selected.

Q: Is there a web-wrapper for this? Can I use it on my site?
A: There aren't any "wrappers" available, just yet. If you feel like you could create something, feel free! All I ask is that if you use my upcoming API or my source, just leave a comment of credit, or such.

Q: In the repository, I see a class for an "API." Why is it empty? What is it for?
A: The API class is for the upcoming Bukkit implementation for server owners to use. I haven't had much time to dedicate towards the API, yet, but I'll work on it soon!

Q: Why does this program show up as a 'virus' or trigger my anti-virus?
A: Your anti-virus is probably warning you that this program is not popular. Fewer than 5 people in the 'Norton Community' are known to have download this application. Therefore, Norton doesn't have the proper information to state that it is a "Trusted Program." I assure you that it is 100% safe. I've even supplied the source on GitHub, which can be found below.

Q: I'm a developer and I'd like to contribute to make this application better. How can I help?
A: Feel free to contribute to the GitHub repository, found below.

Q: I have an idea of a plugin/app you should code using the HypixelAPI, where can I discuss the idea?
A: Please private message me. I've been wanting to work on something using the HypixelAPI, I'm just not certain what I should do :)

If any questions are left unanswered, feel free to comment and I'll be sure to answer as soon as possible.
Please remember this program is in early BETA.

Examples:
To see how previous name changes will work, do the following:

1) Open the program
2) Type "past"
3) Enter: Djinnibone as the username
4) Watch the names of Dinnerbone's alt show up!

Links:

Application (Navigates to: https://dl.steve-rizzo.com/UUIDUtils.exe)

Github (Navigates to: https://github.com/FightOrDie/UUIDUtils)

Have a nice day!

PS: I'm open to suggestions and feedback.
--[End app discussion]--

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Q: Is there a web-wrapper for this? Can I use it on my site?
A: There aren't any "wrappers" available, just yet. If you feel like you could create something, feel free! All I ask is that if you use my upcoming API or my source, just leave a comment of credit, or such.

Probably, but decided to make one anyways:
https://api.jack.wtf/mcAlts

My only questions is if it's Java, why .exe?

TheSteveRizzo

Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Probably, but decided to make one anyways:
https://api.jack.wtf/mcAlts
Nice use of the API!

My only questions is if it's Java, why .exe?
I decided to make it an .exe so users don't have to start up the application using a command-line or me having to go through the process of making the jar executable and all, with the GSON dependency. It is simpler, this way.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Nice use of the API!
I decided to make it an .exe so users don't have to start up the application using a command-line or me having to go through the process of making the jar executable and all, with the GSON dependency. It is simpler, this way.

Well to be honest, didn't exactly use your API, but just checked out the Mojang calls you used.
And yeah but I think if you offered a .jar version then you wouldn't have the antivirus issues.

TheSteveRizzo

Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Well to be honest, didn't exactly use your API, but just checked out the Mojang calls you used.
And yeah but I think if you offered a .jar version then you wouldn't have the antivirus issues.
Yeah, thank you - I appreciate the suggestions. I'm not too worried since most people who know about this know my reputation, so they trust it. I also offer the source code, so there is nothing to be afraid of. If they are truly worried, they don't have to download it, so it's alright.

I got like 3 anti-virus checks from this lol
Haha, same here. It's only because it's new and has only a few downloads. Of course it looks suspicious.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.