Good Advertisment for Server Launch?

Status
This thread has been locked.

Bobby283

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Hey,

I am soon releasing my server, and was wondering what is a good way to advertise with a player base of 0. I have around $400 - $500 willing to spend on advertisement. I was thinking about getting someone like PerpentualJordan to stream and do a few videos, would that be a good idea, as I've heard streams with 0 player base doesn't really help. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

UniquePanda

Reactions
Resources
Don't advertise at the beginning. Wait until you have a stable player base of about 10+ players. With that money I would hire a Youtuber, or rent a .org slot for a few hours.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Hey,

I am soon releasing my server, and was wondering what is a good way to advertise with a player base of 0. I have around $400 - $500 willing to spend on advertisement. I was thinking about getting someone like PerpentualJordan to stream and do a few videos, would that be a good idea, as I've heard streams with 0 player base doesn't really help. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
First just tell all your friends. Nobody wants to play a server of 0 players so having a youtuber play it would be silly!

Let your friends know about it, post the server around and see what you can do!

Then send the $400-$500 to [email protected]

Bobby283

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Don't advertise at the beginning. Wait until you have a stable player base of about 10+ players. With that money I would hire a Youtuber, or rent a .org slot for a few hours.
Where would I advertise at the start then?
First just tell all your friends. Nobody wants to play a server of 0 players so having a youtuber play it would be silly!

Let your friends know about it, post the server around and see what you can do!

Then send the $400-$500 to [email protected]
Where do you recommend me posting the server at the start, and when would I then start the "real" advertisement, such as hiring someone like Vikkstar and ASFJermone (which was a brilliant idea, I noticed the spike in players you got.)

Banned forever. Reason: Creating Multiple Accounts (Niknea)

UniquePanda

Reactions
Resources

Where do you recommend me posting the server at the start, and when would I then start the "real" advertisement, such as hiring someone like Vikkstar and ASFJermone (which was a brilliant idea, I noticed the spike in players you got.)
At the start just advertise on PMC and other forums to get a small playerbase.

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources

Choose a few big server websites, post your server there and try to give players incentive to vote. Then for a real advertisement, there isn't too much $400 can get you but I mean you could probably buy a deadlox video idk (even tho they aren't great)

Bobby283

Banned
Reactions
Resources
Choose a few big server websites, post your server there and try to give players incentive to vote. Then for a real advertisement, there isn't too much $400 can get you but I mean you could probably buy a deadlox video idk (even tho they aren't great)
When do you think I should start the real advertisement though? Also, when would be a good time to bump my server on sites like PMC.

Banned forever. Reason: Creating Multiple Accounts (Niknea)

maxben34

Project Mayhem Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
When do you think I should start the real advertisement though? Also, when would be a good time to bump my server on sites like PMC.
I just do it whenever but try to do it at like 1:00 on weekends or like 6:30-7:30 or mayb 4:00 on weekdays i guess.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.