How to proof you made builds yourself?

Status
This thread has been locked.

Team Arentia

Reactions
Resources
Hey guys,
I was wondering how you can actually proof that you have build something on your own? I am pretty new here and I am seeing no clue why 3 pictures of "progress" should make u the owner of something you have found in the internet!? I mean you could just break some blocks make a pic and have a "work flow"?
Of course if you get detected that you didnt made it... well then you are pretty much screwed but no one will buy a 200$ project from us when we entered this forum a week ago!
I really wanna sell some cool builds, my team and i have build in the past, here! How can i proof that We build them!?
I mean every person who has any map downloaded can just say "its mine!" can't he!?
He could upload it to PMC and claim it as him and I as the builder could do nothing against it cause there is no way to proof it that actually I am the owner!
Or is there?
If yes, tell me! PLS!

Angelz

Squid ☄
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Take photos of pre-construction processes. Otherwise you really have nothing to really say that anyone made anything.
I mean we are in Minecraft, I am sure there is a way to get an image of a build and actually regenerate the build through
a program someway somehow. Would this be considered stealing your build? Who knows?

Anyhow, as long as you keep your builds to yourself and no one else until that is usually solid, you usually have solid grounds
for dismissing any wild accusations unless you've deliberately took bits and pieces from other builds.

Banned forever. Reason: Doxing

Angelz

Squid ☄
Banned
Reactions
Resources
And what about builds i havent made building process pictures??

Honestly, as long as someone hasn't stolen your builds somehow then they should be fine.
Usually people get other the " benefit " of the doubt after researching a user and seeing no
scratches on their portfolio

InfinityBuilds

Reactions
Resources
Build up a reputation for yourself, you'll find if you're a reputable person people won't feel the need to ask for proof.

HyperCipher

Reactions
Resources
The best way to build professionally for a server owner would be for the server owner to actually set up a private world/private server for you to build in, on their server. That way they know that they have the only copy of the world and can check in daily to see you are working and that they are paying you a reasonable amount for the amount of work you are putting in.

Of course this doesn't really help if you are asking about any previous builds you are trying to sell, but for the future I advise this is how you take on all work.

Angelz

Squid ☄
Banned
Reactions
Resources
The best way to build professionally for a server owner would be for the server owner to actually set up a private world/private server for you to build in, on their server. That way they know that they have the only copy of the world and can check in daily to see you are working and that they are paying you a reasonable amount for the amount of work you are putting in.

Of course this doesn't really help if you are asking about any previous builds you are trying to sell, but for the future I advise this is how you take on all work.

Actually I am personally going to advise against this. This is a giant way to get scammed / ripped off.
Allowing a server owner to take control of how you build and where you build makes it where they
can literally just close the server off once you're done, and you have no way of proofing that
you were ever on there, or they ever received a build.

Team Arentia

Reactions
Resources
Actually I am personally going to advise against this. This is a giant way to get scammed / ripped off.
Allowing a server owner to take control of how you build and where you build makes it where they
can literally just close the server off once you're done, and you have no way of proofing that
Yeah i would never do that. And if so i would want a least 1/2 of the price before even starting to build... We are actually still looking for a Server to build for... and more comissions but i think this will solve in some times after setting up everything properly!

HyperCipher

Reactions
Resources

I would argue that server owners face a bigger and similar issue when accepting builds from people who have built something locally. There is no guarantee (even after payment) that they wont re distribute the build. Of course to protect the builders, server owners should pay a down payment before any real time or work has gone into the build. This way you prove you are trust worthy.

In the past year I have worked with many builders, an all the more experienced and more expensive builders ($200+) build in this manner.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.