Could this laptop do... anything?

Status
This thread has been locked.

Ditto

Banned
Reactions
Resources
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitu..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c83851dd0#viTabs_0

I'm looking to buy a new cheap laptop... I have no experience with PC's and all the ram/processor stuff.

Could I play and record Minecraft at 30+ fps on low settings? Would editing videos in a program be laggy? I might even use Photoshop on this but nothing at the same time. Can this laptop handle this stuff?

Thanks.

Quick info:
Product Line: Latitude Operating System Edition: Home Premium
Dell Latitude E6400
Operating System: Windows 7
Primary Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Core(s): Dual Core
Processor Speed: 2.20 GHz
Warranty: One Year
Memory: 4 GB
What's included: Laptop, battery, AC adapter, restore partition
Hard Drive Capacity: 160 GB Internet Connection Type: Wireless + Network Port

EDIT:

Thx. :D Wait a sec... I just found something better though...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Deskto..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cea2ce696#viTabs_0

This any better?

Last edited:
Banned forever. Reason: Scamming is not tolerated.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Thx. :D Wait a sec... I just found something better though...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Deskto..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cea2ce696#viTabs_0

This any better?[DOUBLEPOST=1422506784,1422506251][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated OP
CPU and RAM are much better than that other one and shouldn't be a problem for Minecraft, but the real issue would be the GPU.
It says it's got an integrated one, and considering the price I would say not a very good one.
If you do buy it expect to have to upgrade the GPU.

Ditto

Banned
Reactions
Resources
CPU and RAM are much better than that other one and shouldn't be a problem for Minecraft, but the real issue would be the GPU.
It says it's got an integrated one, and considering the price I would say not a very good one.
If you do buy it expect to have to upgrade the GPU.
What exactly will the bad GPU do? For the price of ths computer I don't really care. :p As long as it can run Minecraft at a decent fps and play music at the same time for YouTube I'm fine.

Banned forever. Reason: Scamming is not tolerated.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
What exactly will the bad GPU do? For the price of ths computer I don't really care. :p As long as it can run Minecraft at a decent fps and play music at the same time for YouTube I'm fine.
A poor GPU will make Minecraft run at like 5 FPS unless you set render distance to like 1 chunk.
But it really depends on the stats of the GPU, if you can find the specs in it maybe we could figure it out.

YAML

Reactions
Resources
I'm putting my opinion, but my past experience with Dell has be absolutely crap.

I've lost many amounts of data from having a Dell computer, I have had this Acer laptop since 2009 and, it's 100 fps + and 60 filming...

It's bae, but since it was 2009, meaning it's not selling anymore, sorry, if you wish to know my specs, PM.

McJeffr

Qubion Co-Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Both of these 2 things you linked seem quite awful to me. 4GB of RAM it says, Windows takes around 1GB of that. Programs like Photoshop, After Effects and recording software go hard on the resource-taking of CPU, GPU and RAM. The first computer you linked has 80GB of HHD space, or harddisk space. That is not a lot if you are planning on recording games and such. Fraps, e.g., takes around 1GB a minute when not processed. Combine the amount of GB of games or other software that you want to install and you will only have around 30GB left over for recording, which is around 30 minutes.

Even though this is not what you are looking for atm, I'd really suggest to: #1. Get a Desktop. Desktops are usually better than Laptops due to a laptop focussing on the amount of space and weight of it. Desktops don't really care about what the weight is. 2. Focus on a better computer, as you will regret it quite fast.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.