Status
This thread has been locked.

arreyazat

AnthraxCreations | Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Hi there, I'll keep this short.

Basically, I plan to be creating a unique and wonderful Server.

Now, a question which most, if not all server owners are going to have is how to advertise themselves. I would assume many would agree Youtube and .Org slots are the choices that many server founders would take. However, the question is which one is actually better? Or, in other words, worth it?

The above is not the only question. I would like to also ask depending on which you would prefer, which Youtuber / .Org slot you have had the best experience(s) with, or any specific Youtuber / manager / .Org rent-er you would recommend.

(So I am asking basically if you know anyone that are offering the above services with reasonable prices, if so, who they are, etc.)

I would really appreciate as much info. you guys can give, and thank you in advanced.

iBelieve

Reactions
Resources
Less Money: Youtubers : racks in less cash but usually you end even
More Money: .org : Racks in cash

arreyazat

AnthraxCreations | Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Would you like to elaborate as to which Youtuber is best for the job?

ConnorEfc

Graphics Designer - Skype: ConnorGraphics
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Would you like to elaborate as to which Youtuber is best for the job?
I wont be of much help in what youtuber, but I know the key to a good one is having a lot of views per video.
I wouldn't even bother looking at the sub-count.

VG.Developments

Java Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I'd recommend starting with youtubers, get a playerbase off of them and then do .org slots.

vPixelZ

Reactions
Resources
First: Planetminecraft and Minecraftforums Second: When getting some donations hire some 500-1000 sub Youtubers to get some extra traffic preferable get them to make some episodes 3rd: Hire Org slots Slot 1-4 should get some traffic on saturdays
These steps might not work for everyone its just my experience with these steps. My server is 2 days old and gets an average from 5-20 people all the time and barely hits 0 on. Lets see how this week goes :3

VG.Developments

Java Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
First: Planetminecraft and Minecraftforums Second: When getting some donations hire some 500-1000 sub Youtubers to get some extra traffic preferable get them to make some episodes 3rd: Hire Org slots Slot 1-4 should get some traffic on saturdays
These steps might not work for everyone its just my experience with these steps. My server is 2 days old and gets an average from 5-20 people all the time and barely hits 0 on. Lets see how this week goes :3
org slots only work if you have a good player base. I doubt the small youtubers will get you a big enough playerbase to allow an .org slot to work efficiently.

Nighterblde

Well-Respected Member
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Pretty sure this guy has no experience in anything, it's the other way around, .org gets you in loyal players but not many donations, youtubers gets you quick money back.

Banned forever. Reason: Community harassment + Multi-accounting

VG.Developments

Java Developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Pretty sure this guy has no experience in anything, it's the other way around, .org gets you in loyal players but not many donations, youtubers gets you quick money back.
I can actually agree with this aswell. Throughout a previous month i new of a server owner that bought out a slot for a month, the player base grew heavily, but he not make the complete money back that month.

iBelieve

Reactions
Resources
I was refering to a few hours, I didn't think this guy had a 2700 dollar slot.
Misunderstanding, but Yea I agree in the .org.

In my opinion:

Safe: Youtuber

Edit: Nevermind I know what you mean, ignore my previous post.

Kayex

Reactions
Resources
This is an interesting topic TBH.
It depends on the route you want to take and the amount of capital you have.
If you have plenty of capital and you want loyal players, go with .org. Buy a couple of slots and see what happens.
You want to build a steady playerbase before shoving their faces with premium packages, etc.
Not that you should shove it down their throat, give them an incentive to buy something.
Maybe something that you can't get in your server? (Spawners, $$$?)

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.