Selling < PayPal.me.uk > Used to be owned by PayPal <> Perfect Prank on Friends

Discussion in 'Domains & Websites' started by Ender Python, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Ender Python

Ender Python Cyber Security Professional | .NET Developer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +21
    <!> Warning <!>
    If this Domain is EVER used for malicious purposes in the future you will be reported to the MC-Market staff and likely be banned!

Domain: PayPal.me.uk
    Expiry: 7th Sep 2020

Proof of Ownership: On Request, or I'll most probably add a redirect from the domain to this page.
    Uses: Perfect to Prank Friends by pretending to have "hacked" PayPal ;D
    Payment Methods: PayPal F&F or Bitcoin. I WONT go first as I can prove I have the Domain yet no amount of screenshots can prove you own money. Feel free to find a MM though.
    Reason I want to sell: I bought this domain, only to resell it on here. Personally I have no uses for it but I'm hoping this community can think of a few.

Price: I'm completely open to offers and suggestions as I haven't sold a domain before. (May update with a BIN price in the near future)

Contact Methods:
    Discord: EnderPython#4178
    MCMarket: https://www.mc-market.org/members/44793/

Proof that PayPal used to own this domain in 2002:
    upload_2019-9-8_16-47-16.png
    Feel free to double check on the Wayback Machine.

2. Etika

Etika Joycon Boys! Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +238
  3. Terminated

Terminated Manager | Aspiring Software Engineer Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +113
    not a great plan to refuse going first despite having 0 rep but glws

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kenetics

Kenetics Member Banned

Reactions:
    +0
    Im offering 6 cents

Banned Forever For: Ban Evading (Drub., https://www.mc-market.org/members/62498/)
  5. OP
    OP
    Ender Python

Reactions:
    +21
    Hoping for around $100+ if I'm being brutally honest, but if it turns out no one is interested I'll consider going lower, to like $20 etc. I just haven't been in this market long enough to know the prices for different domains.

6. oofing

oofing |+| Motion Designer |+| Banned Ultimate Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: discoloring
    Reactions:
    +253
    This is well worth over 100 USD , don't sell it for cheap.

Banned Forever For: Compromising PayPal Account
  7. OP
    OP
    Ender Python

Reactions:
    +21
    Thanks for the advice!

8. OP

OP Developer Banned Suspended Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Siri
    Reactions:
    +165
    PayPal will swoop that domain off your hands if they wanted lol

Banned Forever For: Excessive Violations of the Rules
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Ender Python

Reactions:
    +21
    I've already reported it to them and offered it back for a bug bounty and they couldn't care less, they said it wasn't a serious enough risk...
    I can share proof of the report if you like? Just so you know if I sold you the domain it wont get taken off you.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tommy W

Tommy W Member Ultimate Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Analysts
    Reactions:
    +106
    dont u get money from the bug bounty tho?

11. hgbf

hgbf Trailers ≋ Domains ≋ hgbf#6395 Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: hgbf
    Reactions:
    +325
    Not to be that guy, but I would not even take this if it were free. The only people who would want to buy it for $100+ (buy it at all, actually) would be completely new to the domain market.

Doing anything even remotely connected to PayPal with the domain (maybe even owning it) would put you at risk for getting in legal trouble. The process is called UDRP, and you can search previous claims at http://www.udrpsearch.com/. PayPal has a history of claiming domains using their name (not surprising, considering how they can easily be used for scams). Their latest claim was early this year, with the very similar domain "paypal.ro". Even more similar domains, like "paypal.com.co" and "paypal.com.do" have also been in their spotlight.

If I were the owner of this, I would try my best to delete it (if the registrar allows it), or give it away asap. I know you said you had contacted them, but I'm guessing the response was not from their legal department, but rather someone at customer support. PayPal can easily change their mind.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Pi

Pi 3.14159265359 Ultimate Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Emphatically unconcluded
    Reactions:
    +129
    Yeah PayPal has a massive past of legally chasing people for using their branding. Their legal team is exceedingly active.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hannes

Hannes Motion designer Ultimate Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Hqnnes Hashing
    Reactions:
    +1,977
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dawnzide

Dawnzide Internet Entrepreneur Ultimate Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +206
    Like what other people have said earlier this in thread, this domain is the equivalent to free houses in Detroit. You might be able to sell this for $20 to some 15 year old mcm child but either besides that it's not worth it.

15. OP
    OP
    Ender Python

Reactions:
    +21
    Thanks so much for the advice. I've already emailed PayPal this morning asking if they wanted it back for free so I don't get tangled up in some law suit.. I honestly didn't realise what I got myself into, and most probably would of gone ahead selling it or keeping it if its wasn't for you. So thanks again for the heads up.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Kryth

Kryth IGN: Skeletons Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Kryth Skeletons
    Reactions:
    +158
    I'm actually a pretty established domain buyer/seller and you made the right call by contacting PayPal directly. I know other members of the domain community who have been handed some pretty serious lawsuits by registering company names as domain names, one of which was eBay (former parent company of PayPal) and I know for a fact they're not easy going with this kind of stuff regarding possible trademark violations.

In the meantime I would recommend either redirecting the domain to the official PayPal website or leaving it with a blank registrar landing page. For legal purposes I would actually delete this thread if I were you before a potential PayPal employee takes screenshots for a case file.

• Agree Agree x 3