Scam Report

Status
This thread has been locked.

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
For some reason I can't make it through to the scam report form so I guess I'll just post my latest scam report here. I've been scammed once again by TechBanana. Yesterday he posted a server he was Admin on for sale (RivalMines). When I saw his thread I was surprised because I had been on the server a while ago because I was acquainted with one of the Co-Owners. From what I saw the server was well structured and had much potential. Even though there weren't any pictures of what the server looked like I went ahead and binned it for $410. The Owner of the server, RefillPVP (Not the old RefillPVP you all know, he sold his account to this guy) and I agreed to do the deal in 2 parts. First he would transfer his rivalmines.com domain to me and then I would send over half of the $410 ($205). That joint of the deal went smoothly and we progressed to the server file transfers. He sent me the files and I proceeded to test them on my server to see if nothing was broken. The logs were filed with errors but what surprised me even more was that he sent me a half made server which didn't even symbolize what I had seen before. Feel free to join the server I set up the files on: 68.232.187.210:43232
The server doesn't even have a trace of what I saw before, the scoreboards and plugins aren't even setup for RivalMines but other servers such as PoisonPrison and GSPrison apparantly. Just lost $205 from these guys and it's somewhat understandable because I do have the files after all but these aren't the ones that were promised.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Gruss

Retired MCM Chat Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
I would buy these files from you. Skype: jcbaby22

TechBanana

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Deactivated
Reactions
Resources
For some reason I can't make it through to the scam report form so I guess I'll just post my latest scam report here. I've been scammed once again by TechBanana. Yesterday he posted a server he was Admin on for sale (RivalMines). When I saw his thread I was surprised because I had been on the server a while ago because I was acquainted with one of the Co-Owners. From what I saw the server was well structured and had much potential. Even though there weren't any pictures of what the server looked like I went ahead and binned it for $410. The Owner of the server, RefillPVP (Not the old RefillPVP you all know, he sold his account to this guy) and I agreed to do the deal in 2 parts. First he would transfer his rivalmines.com domain to me and then I would send over half of the $410 ($205). That joint of the deal went smoothly and we progressed to the server file transfers. He sent me the files and I proceeded to test them on my server to see if nothing was broken. The logs were filed with errors but what surprised me even more was that he sent me a half made server which didn't even symbolize what I had seen before. Feel free to join the server I set up the files on: 68.232.187.210:43232
The server doesn't even have a trace of what I saw before, the scoreboards and plugins aren't even setup for RivalMines but other servers such as PoisonPrison and GSPrison apparantly. Just lost $205 from these guys and it's somewhat understandable because I do have the files after all but these aren't the ones that were promised.
First of all, I was only the messenger, I was only asked to post information on the server here. I own 0 rights in the server. Secondly, the fact that the server files weren't complete, was because the hosting service that the owner used deleted the backup we had of the server, and the owner had to call the hosting service trying to get it back. There must have been some technical difficulties when restoring the lost backup file. The server was 100% finished. And again I was not the one who scammed you. I apologize for the money that you are lost but I myself am not responsible for the fact that half the server files were gone, it was never intentional.

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
First of all, I was only the messenger, I was only asked to post information on the server here. I own 0 rights in the server. Secondly, the fact that the server files weren't complete, was because the hosting service that the owner used deleted the backup we had of the server, and the owner had to call the hosting service trying to get it back. There must have been some technical difficulties when restoring the lost backup file. The server was 100% finished. And again I was not the one who scammed you. I apologize for the money that you are lost but I myself am not responsible for the fact that half the server files were gone, it was never intentional.
I don't give two shits about what happened to the files. If you posted a thread with the intention of selling the setup then it should all be there no questions asked.

TechBanana

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Deactivated
Reactions
Resources
Look, you have to understand that none of this is was my fault or the owners intention and I don't understand why you're putting this all on me. I apologized and there's nothing I can do to get your money back. You can always write an angry letter to paypal.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Just lost $205 from these guys and it's somewhat understandable because I do have the files after all but these aren't the ones that were promised.
If you only made half the payment wont they refund you?

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Look, you have to understand that none of this is was my fault or the owners intention and I don't understand why you're putting this all on me. I apologized and there's nothing I can do to get your money back. You can always write an angry letter to paypal.
It is completely the owner's and your fault as well. You guys didn't even have the setup ready for me to download and the owner randomly found a copy of a setup he used like a year ago (Not to mention that there wasn't even a trace of RivalMines on it) and gave it to me as some kind of excuse to dig himself out of a hole. Don't worry, I will be disputing against you soon enough.

TechBanana

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Deactivated
Reactions
Resources
It is completely the owner's and your fault as well. You guys didn't even have the setup ready for me to download and the owner randomly found a copy of a setup he used like a year ago (Not to mention that there wasn't even a trace of RivalMines on it) and gave it to me as some kind of excuse to dig himself out of a hole. Don't worry, I will be disputing against you soon enough.
I was not aware of that it was not RivalMines but another server. I had 1 simple job, to find a buyer. That's it.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
I was not aware of that it was not RivalMines but another server. I had 1 simple job, to find a buyer. That's it.
getout.gif

Nope, owner blocked me after I told him about the setup..
-snip for now to OP's request-

thumbsup_stable.gif

Last edited:

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
getout.gif

1) Get on a VPN
2) Log in to PayPal
3) File "Unauthorized Payment" dispute or whatever they call it now
3) Say "I'm on vacation I didn't send that"
4) ???
5) Instant profit because dispute IP and payment IP do not match
6) Scammer gets a $10 dispute fee on top of that ;)
7) Let me know how it goes

thumbsup_stable.gif
eeee

Last edited:

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
I've heard that the VPN method is quite risky. I think I saw someone say in the chatbox that their account was closed because Paypal matched up his real IP and the payment IP. Any insight on this? Also I sent through Friends and Family but I didn't notion that I received my products.
-snip for now to OP's request-

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.