Black Friday Sale, Warning Expiries, & more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mick, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Mick

Mick MC-Market Owner Administrator

Minecraft Accounts: _______________
    Reactions:
    +5,878
    [​IMG]
    Howdy folks,
    Happy Black Friday! Today we have a minor announcement with some small improvements and updates which should hopefully tide you over until our next major announcement.

Black Friday Sale

Just a few months after our previous sale we are releasing another 33% off sale for Black Friday this year! The sale will be lasting for 24 hours and will apply to all account upgrades and sticky thread purchases from our Ads Manager. To receive the sticky discount, please use the coupon code ‘BLACKFRIDAY2019’ at checkout.​

Warning Expiries

All warnings now have an expiry date. As perhaps one of the largest changes to our warning system ever, most will expire on average within around a year. The longest expiry duration is now 3 years for the most serious infractions such as breaking our terms of service and selling unowned content.

Warnings that have been applied before today that previously had no expiration have been retroactively updated to expire within 30 months of the warning being issued. Any users who have been banned for exceeding 75 warning points in the past will not be unbanned.

A full list of all of the updated warning expiry times can be found on our wiki:
    View updated expiries

Along with adding warning expiries, other changes include:
    • Reduced 1.23 Promoting Competitors to 10 points from 15
    • Increased 1.13 Spoiler Content to 3 points from 1
    • Increased 1.6 Disrespectful/Harassing/Hateful/Trolling Behavior to 8 points from 5
    Regarding Minecraft Account Sales

Whether the sale of Minecraft accounts should remain as a part of our marketplace has been a massive topic of debate throughout our community over the past few weeks, and ultimately we have decided that they will remain on our platform. It is no secret that the Minecraft account sales forums are not a sustainable part of our site in their current state due to the recent “lock waves” that have occurred, so we are looking into all possible solutions and suggestions. We have now restricted the Minecraft account selling forums to only be visible to users with Premium or higher and believe that this change is in the best interest of all members of our community.​

Reputation changes

Firstly, we would like to apologize to the community. The reputation system should never have been released into the public without its current functionality. Our requirements that our users be able to prove their feedback’s claims have been in place since the beginning. However, the majority of our members were unable to maintain their records for an indefinite amount of time and so we added the ability to upload evidence upon creation. This feature should have been in place from the very beginning.

Over the past year, many disgruntled users have resorted to reporting the legacy feedback of users which they had reason to believe the author and receiver did not have evidence to keep. This targeting has bred more outrage and more targeting as dozens of feedback gets removed from individual users but not others. It’s time to ensure fairness to all the members who’ve been targeted and to end this vicious cycle for revenge reporting. It has been over 11 months since the evidence upload feature has been added, as well as the rule which requires our members upload their evidence via that feature. Any legacy feedback which has not been updated to meet our current requirements by the 14th of December, including attached evidence, will be purged from our system for everyone. We highly recommend all users to message those who have left feedback on them that no longer meets our new requirements to update the feedback to the new standard. Until this date, we have temporarily removed the ability for any user to report reputation to provide a grace period to resolve any outstanding issues.

Many members of the community have also voiced their objection to the deletion of feedback authored by banned users. Banned users’ feedback, just like any other feedback, is subject to our rules requiring that evidence be provided for all claims made. However, in recognition of the community’s feelings, starting today, we will no longer be deleting feedback due to the author being banned. That said, banned users’ feedback has been deleted up to now for very valid reasons. Instead of deleting feedback left by banned users, it will automatically be greyed out, so as to clearly indicate that it was by a banned member. Also, they will not count towards the receiver’s totals, they will appear at the bottom of the overview page, and there will be a notice on every feedback page warning viewers to recall the above concerns when considering the feedback’s contents.

These changes to our reputation system have resulted in thousands of feedback points being deducted from our community’s totals, but we believe this update will result in a more trustworthy and fair reflection of a user's standing within our community as well as end the user targeting and flooding of reports.

We have automatically undeleted all feedback which we’ve detected as having been removed due to the creator being banned. If you have feedback removed for the creator being banned which has evidence uploaded for all of the claims being made, and are otherwise in complete compliance with our rules, please bump the feedback to your assigned feedback moderator to be considered for restoration.

Edit: We have created a new suggestion thread to implement changes to our legacy reputation removal. Read more here:
    Suggestion Thread

Staff changes

The staff team has continued to change and adapt since our last announcement. The changes that have been made are:
    Ads Manager Updates

As per usual, this announcement also includes a few relatively minor adjustments to our Ads Manager. We have once again adjusted the prices of almost all forum stickies, reducing queue times for high-demand forums and increasing the value of low-demand forums.

A full list of all changes that have been made can be found in the spoiler below:
    black-friday-2019-sticky-price-changes.png

Along with these sticky price adjustments, we have several improvements to our Ads Manager being custom developed to make advertising on MC-Market even better, which I am very excited to share with you all soon.​

Scam Reports Tab

On a user’s profile, a new tab dedicated to scam reports has been added. It provides when a scam report was made, the status of a scam report, and the link to a scam report if it has been opened. The status’ are pending moderation, report closed, identity unconfirmed and in progress. The identity unconfirmed is paired with a new prefix for scam reports. If you have a closed scam report that was made on you but the identiy was unconfirmed, please open a support request to get the prefix changed. The goal in mind when implementing this tab was to provide a resource for everyone to use when deciding who to deal with. This also means that there is an immediate benefit when you create a scam report so even if it isn’t opened, users can still take precautions. Please make sure you create a scam report as soon as you know you have been scammed.​

New Resource Index

We have introduced a brand new and revamped resource index page, which we are very excited to share with you. The new page now intuitively divides the different resources by categories to make resources easier to navigate. For users who are still interested in being able to see all resources regardless of category, this can be done from the new browse all resources page. This resource index is brand new and custom so there are still a few bugs and adjustments we will be making in the future. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or bug reports, please post them here. We also have plans to develop a new way to easily filter and search resources in the future, so stay tuned for that!​

Other Changes

Along with the great new features and policy updates stated above, we’ve made a few minor changes since our previous announcement. To stay up to date with many of our new updates as they occur, follow us on Twitter. Changes include:
    • Added a new and cleaner MC-Market status page
    • Added Dribbble as a field to contact details
    • Added a new internal policy to restrict staff members from requesting loans
    • Fixed bug allowing suspended users to change their username colour
    • Fixed phrasing issues with Bot’s welcome PM
    • Adjusted "Account State" to "Enable/Disable Account" in user menu
    • Adjusted phrasing for many reputation system rules to include "feedback" instead of "reputation"
    • Adjusted rule 5.5, no longer requiring an end date to auctions
    • Adjusted rule 9.3, you may now ask for feedback for yourself
    • Adjusted rule 1.8, you may post "Vouch, bought this [item]"
    • Removed rule 1.21, now allowing users to promote external communities (with the exception of competitors and marketplaces)
    • Removed rule 1.3.2, now allowing all rule violating content to be reported quickly
    • Removed Kik forum
    That’s all the changes we have for you today folks, thanks for reading this announcement and expect another soon!

Mick

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019 at 2:05 PM
    • Funny x 39
    • Winner x 17
    • Interesting x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • <3 x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Jasmine

Jasmine Ultimate Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: CelaenaS taylorswift13
    Reactions:
    +93
    Edit: First! <3

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019 at 6:30 AM
  3. Maddys Son

Maddys Son Member Premium

Reactions:
    +131
    Very disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Fawks

Fawks fawks.wtf Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +593
    holy moses

5. Norska

Norska Java Developer Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: N0RSKA
    Reactions:
    +974
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Violet

Violet Criminal Minds Get Rich Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Day
    Reactions:
    +997
    Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Cole

Cole developer Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: DevCole
    Reactions:
    +401
    rip a lot of rep

8. Flipora

Flipora Ex Trailer Maker Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +333
    first page

9. casket

casket Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: visiting Waving tries Tubes
    Reactions:
    +458
    rip mcm wont be alive in 2020

• Agree Agree x 12
  10. Spoch

Spoch Developer & Game seller Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Spoch Scart
    Reactions:
    +110
    Thank you for halving my reputation, very cool facepalm
    And that is only the rep from banned people. I will be down to only a few once this proof thing goes through?
    And can I ask people for reviews after selling them something? Because I have heard mixed stuff about that. I only get like 1 review per 10 deals because nobody cares to give rep after a deal.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Violet

Violet Criminal Minds Get Rich Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Day
    Reactions:
    +997
    But they will remove some of my points in 2022!!!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. DylanS

DylanS ♛ Discord.js | GFX ♛ Ultimate Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +227
    rip everyone's rep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. casket

casket Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: visiting Waving tries Tubes
    Reactions:
    +458
    good luck dude!

• <3 <3 x 1
  14. xRory

xRory Professional Manager- Rory#7777 Premium

Reactions:
    +53
    F to pay respect to my already low reputation, let’s make it lower!

15. Tabbin

Tabbin Java Developer Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Tabbin
    Reactions:
    +440
    fucking over older members here. most of my rep is from 16/17, where most of the users quit.

going from 17 rep points to 2.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Spoch

Spoch Developer & Game seller Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Spoch Scart
    Reactions:
    +110
    1 of my 20 rep had attatched "evidence" I guess.
    But after sawing off the banned members I am at 10 (Why am I being punished for them being banned?)
    And none of the rest have evidence lol
    So I guess thats all my reputation gone right there? :rofl: :tup:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  17. Cry

Cry Member Ultimate Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +510
    This is an aids update

• Agree Agree x 15
  18. Humax

Humax Need any help ? Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +589
    RIP, Resource page... :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Creation

Creation Owner of ParallaxMC & MCSurvival Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: Skydiving Creation Mistakably
    Reactions:
    +605
    To be honest.

As much as we all may hate this update, this actually seems it will be fair and not targeted towards certain users. Which if this is the case. I am fine with.

I am happy about the warning points expiring. I had warning points since 2017 that never expired and always felt like I would get banned or suspended.

As a lot are upset. Hopefully as it seems. This will all be fair to everyone. As much as I am sad to see my rep drop, possibly this will be a new start. it does suck old rep will will be gone as it was added before proof of evidence.

It would be nice in the future to maybe have just a “Vouch” section with a user stating their vouch and adding a description why. It can be its own type of system, instead of users always just posting vouches on threads or profiles.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. Cista

Cista OG Account Buyer & Seller Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +224
    Thank god my reps are gone, couldn’t be happier with this new update!

• Agree Agree x 6