Resource Injector, Vulnerability, Tickets, & more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mick, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Jasmine Landon

Jasmine Landon Certified Legend Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +1,861
    I'm assuming it will decompress the zip file, and then recursively open all files and replace the placeholders, save the files, and then rezip the file and serve that as the download.

And yeah, that's why you need to hide the placeholders, rather than having a file called "placeholders.txt". It'll be hard for most resources, but for server setups, there's hundreds of places to hide just one line of text.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GabyTM

GabyTM GabyTM.me Premium

Minecraft Accounts: GabyTM Nukkit iGabyTM
    Reactions:
    +136
    Is the placeholders system already working or?

3. rocket0191

rocket0191 Member Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +844
    I feel like the handling of the vulnerability abuse could have been a bit different.

It's a crazy idea, but MC-Market could have taken the high road and decided to pay the resource authors themselves from the get go. After all, it wasn't the users fault that the resources were able to be downloaded. Of course, I'm all for MC-Market attempting to recover the costs of paying the resource authors from users that intentionally abused the vulnerability, but had they done this, the resource authors wouldn't be forced to wait. Not to mention that it probably would have motivated some members to post new resources. I mean, probably. The advertising credit thing is just silly, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and happy new year!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. lunchablez

lunchablez Member Banned

Reactions:
    +1
    ayy nice update

Banned Forever For: Ban Evading (HomelessBoi, https://www.mc-market.org/members/75300/)
  5. DaddyImPregnant

DaddyImPregnant Full time failure Supreme Premium

Minecraft Accounts: TwitterHoe
    Reactions:
    +896
    Y'all really added my suggestion ;( ily

6. TominousKitten

TominousKitten Member

Minecraft Accounts: TominousKitten
    Reactions:
    +1
    Hello!