Requesting Feedback on my design ?

Discussion in 'Design & Media' started by L00ting, Jan 15, 2020.

1. L00ting

L00ting Typical Developer and Designer Premium

Minecraft Accounts: L00ting
    Reactions:
    +241
    What do you guys think of my design to my upcoming website ?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. HPDesigns

HPDesigns || www.itshp.me || Premium

Minecraft Accounts: ImproperPotato
    Reactions:
    +47
    This is for a website I'm assuming?

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    L00ting

Reactions:
    +241
    Yes sir

4. HPDesigns

HPDesigns || www.itshp.me || Premium

Minecraft Accounts: ImproperPotato
    Reactions:
    +47
    I like it :) Clean and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    L00ting

Reactions:
    +241
    Thanks man, really appreciate it <3

6. ApplePie178

ApplePie178 Member

Reactions:
    +5
    It's looking really awesome tho! The colours are matching perfectly!

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    L00ting

Reactions:
    +241
    Thanks AppelPie <3

8. Ewan_

Ewan_ Member

Reactions:
    +1
    I like colors, but layout is just a mess. You should align items.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RaptorX

RaptorX Thread Designer Premium

Reactions:
    +46
    I really like it! However, maybe adding some shapes like the following would make it look better. GL!
    upload_2020-1-19_13-32-10.png upload_2020-1-19_13-32-21.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skythz

Skythz Full-Stack Web Dev | Skythz#1234 Premium

Reactions:
    +70
    It doesn't look half bad!
    However, there are some changes I'd suggest you apply:
    The font needs a bit more personality, especially the title font - just so it looks a bit less standard (e.g: Noto Sans, Roboto Slab, whichever style or font you prefer.)
    The hierarchy you have at the top isn't organized. "Hello I am" doesn't deserve as much attention as "Felix", it's simply a label for what you want the user to read - your name. I'd suggest making them a slightly transparent white, make it smaller & place it right above the "Felix".

Also, the titles are big enough (possibly even slightly too big?) to separate the sections, the borders are just taking away from the user's attention from the main concept and content.
    Add a submit button to the contact form.

Besides, the labels to the contact form should be less emphasized - they're just labels and should only be read when the user is looking to read it, in other words, they shouldn't fight for the user's attention as much as the boxes (which are nicely emphasized with the accent-colored borders). Generally, all of the support/content text should be about the same color as the icons (the ones in the portfolio section.)

There's too much space between the title and the content, making it harder to distinguish which title refers to what content.
    Did I already say the titles are too big? Don't forget what titles are - just labels. A user sees a contact form and automatically thinks contact section, he sees some images of past work and automatically knows it's the portfolio section, he sees some text about you (even before reading the text, you can somewhat tell what it's about just by looking at it) and a picture of you and he instantly understands it's the "About Me" section; the titles only serve as labels to support it and to assist the user. The titles are there to support the text, not vice versa.

There are a bunch more I could probably talk about, such as the navbar links being just a little bit too emphasized, but you'll get it all with more practice and after reading some UX books.

In general, though, it's a very decent website and I wish you the best of luck going forward.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    L00ting

Reactions:
    +241
    Thanks for your feedback <3 Ewan_ just wondering how I should align it better to not make it look like a mess.

A big thanks to Skythz for your amazing feedback, I appreciate that you spent a lot of time thinking over the design generally.
    However, I am not a UX/UI designer I am mostly just a developer for frontend and some backend but I like doing designs when I have some free time so I am not taking it so seriously as reading books for an example but I might do in the future. I will look into all of your feedback and probably change stuff up before I make the website itself, tho I honestly like that it's very simple and clean but I will look into what I can do, the fonts are just templates atm not gonna use any of them I think.
    Otherwise thanks for your feedback sir.

• <3 <3 x 1
  12. Skythz

Skythz Full-Stack Web Dev | Skythz#1234 Premium

Reactions:
    +70
    No problem man, I'm a full-stack dev too. I personally like getting deep into the UX/UI aspect of it too but that's a personal thing.
    Good luck with everything & just DM me if you have a question about anything

• <3 <3 x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    L00ting

Reactions:
    +241
    Thanks <3.

14. Alex Miller

Alex Miller Cyber-Dynamic Services Ultimate Supreme Premium

Reactions:
    +105
    Lovely

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    L00ting

Reactions:
    +241
    Thanks man <3333

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ewan_

Ewan_ Member

Reactions:
    +1
    "boxes" should be about the same width. You don't have to strictly build it block to block. You can use something, that visually separate blocks or something, that makes think, that block is one width or one height.

Bruh. Its hard to post message there for new members. Everything is detected as spam… :(