This thread has been locked.

Tegabytes

☆Graphic Designer☆
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Hey I need help with getting a decent player amount and staff

So how do I do this?
Can someone help me gain some players and staff?

Please note:
I have no money
I added my server to voting sites and got some players, then stopped.

Help pls

Banned forever. Reason: Ban on other account (Multi-accounting Nighterblde)

Harry2

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Interact with your player base :) Most server owners act superior to their players, and talk very bluntly towards them. Even if its small things like turning server downtime into a funny event (E.g. Mineplex Squirrels took over!) The players love it. Run events within your community, get to know your players. You'll see a rise in donations + player count in no time ;)

Tegabytes

☆Graphic Designer☆
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1424046210,1424046080][/DOUBLEPOST]
Interact with your player base :) Most server owners act superior to their players, and talk very bluntly towards them. Even if its small things like turning server downtime into a funny event (E.g. Mineplex Squirrels took over!) The players love it. Run events within your community, get to know your players. You'll see a rise in donations + player count in no time ;)

Awesome
One tiny problem
I don't have a player base lol
I barely get 1-5 players[DOUBLEPOST=1424055921][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump?

Satelliting

Nerdy Antique Entrepreneur
Premium
Reactions
Resources

This is good for when you get around 5-10 players on average and what to get them to start inviting their friends to come in and play. I believe the OP wants information on how to get to that 5-10 player range.

Tegabytes

☆Graphic Designer☆
Banned
Reactions
Resources
This is good for when you get around 5-10 players on average and what to get them to start inviting their friends to come in and play. I believe the OP wants information on how to get to that 5-10 player range.

this ^^^

Tegabytes

☆Graphic Designer☆
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I may be able to assist you with this problem.
Feel free to PM me or add me on Skype.

May I have your Skype?

KeithSt0ne

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1424046210,1424046080][/DOUBLEPOST]

Awesome
One tiny problem
I don't have a player base lol
I barely get 1-5 players[DOUBLEPOST=1424055921][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump?

You only need 1 player on your server to be able to interact with them, it starts now, not later.

Less players just means that every player you have and every action you take is that much more important.

Things you can do:

1. Tp randomly to players and spam them with enchant o bottles, they'll love it.
2. If you have 3 players on, announce a drop party if you get 5 players on by a certain time. If you don't make the player count, do the drop party anyway.
3. Create a helper rank, give it /kick and /mute and recruit 10-15 helper, they'll stick around longer just because they have a staff rank. (then as people come on, they'll see you have active players)
4. Players are big on first impressions, if your spawn sucks they won't stay long. There's plenty of decent builds on PMC for spawns, nobody cares if you have the same spawn as some other server.
5. I can't stress this one enough, DO NOT PLAY ON YOUR OWN SERVER if it has anything to do with PVP. (your players will hate you and leave)
6. Hold a weekly tournament no matter how many players you have, you only need 2 players to show up to have a winner.
7. If it's to easy to gain money on your server, players will get bored and leave, you need to watch your economy and adjust as needed.
8, Don't add a feature just because some player is whining about it.

Tegabytes

☆Graphic Designer☆
Banned
Reactions
Resources
You only need 1 player on your server to be able to interact with them, it starts now, not later.

Less players just means that every player you have and every action you take is that much more important.

Things you can do:

1. Tp randomly to players and spam them with enchant o bottles, they'll love it.
2. If you have 3 players on, announce a drop party if you get 5 players on by a certain time. If you don't make the player count, do the drop party anyway.
3. Create a helper rank, give it /kick and /mute and recruit 10-15 helper, they'll stick around longer just because they have a staff rank. (then as people come on, they'll see you have active players)
4. Players are big on first impressions, if your spawn sucks they won't stay long. There's plenty of decent builds on PMC for spawns, nobody cares if you have the same spawn as some other server.
5. I can't stress this one enough, DO NOT PLAY ON YOUR OWN SERVER if it has anything to do with PVP. (your players will hate you and leave)
6. Hold a weekly tournament no matter how many players you have, you only need 2 players to show up to have a winner.
7. If it's to easy to gain money on your server, players will get bored and leave, you need to watch your economy and adjust as needed.
8, Don't add a feature just because some player is whining about it.

This is great advice, thanks!

Last edited:

Interrupt

Reactions
Resources
Say for example "if we hit 20 players today's will do a dp and as said above interact with them I did that and gained 5 players at midnight on a Tuesday

sycoinc

Website Developer / Designer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
1. Make friends with other small servers and do joint videos or events on each others servers
2. have an active twitter, forums and other social sites
3. provide content on PMC that will bring people to your server (build showcase, blogs, guides)
4. Advertise (but not on other servers)
5. offer good advantages for ranking on your server (perms, access to plugins, ect...)

Plattiinum

Reactions
Resources
LOL Mineplex Squirrels took over XD

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.