How to get unbanned?

Status
This thread has been locked.

TheFancyWhale

✵ Plugin Developer ✵
Premium
Reactions
Resources
So a few months ago I was banned on a rather popular server that has player counts in the thousands. As far as I know, that big of a server and this one in particular tend to be very professional. However, I was banned because I created a plugin similar to one on their server. Now this plugin is based off of a video game, NOT a minecraft only minigame. The game is not unique to this large server at all, yet I was banned anyway. I made an appeal saying what happened, and it was denied and they linked to me their rules page. I go to check their rules page and nowhere does it say a rule against making plugins that are related to the server. So, I open up another ban appeal explaining that there are no rules, and asking them to cite the rule I broke, however they reply with "Please do not continue making appeals, your previous one was already denied."
Any ideas of what I can do to get unbanned? I didn't break any rules and I feel like the moderator that replied to both of my ban appeals just has it out for me. If anyone has an idea that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Regablith

Banned
Reactions
Resources
If they banned you for a stupid reason like this, then the server isn't worth playing on.

Banned forever. Reason: Account compromised.

sycoinc

Website Developer / Designer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Unless you used part of their code this is a very unprofessional action on their side and if they are as popular as they say then rather inconsiderate of them. However they are running a server and can choose to allow or not allow people on their server for whatever reason they please... so its more upto how you can prove to them its not stolen idea or content and ensure them you just want to play on their server and not take ideas.

TheFancyWhale

✵ Plugin Developer ✵
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Unless you used part of their code this is a very unprofessional action on their side and if they are as popular as they say then rather inconsiderate of them. However they are running a server and can choose to allow or not allow people on their server for whatever reason they please... so its more upto how you can prove to them its not stolen idea or content and ensure them you just want to play on their server and not take ideas.
True of course they have the right. I just think that most professional businesses should abide by the rules they set. Not only did I not break any rules, the game is not even unique. I don't mind being banned to be honest, I am mostly hoping to get an explanation out of them.

TheFancyWhale

✵ Plugin Developer ✵
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Oops i missed the joke :p.
Haha no worries :p
Oh, well were you banned by Hypixel or a Dev?
What do you mean by hypixel or a dev?

EDIT: And to be honest, what did they really think my plugin was going to do? Take away thousands of players from their server? xD Its not like making similar plugins is going to destroy their server.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Best thing to do is just to start recreating all their plugins and publishing them for free (or paid?)
And with every plugin you publish explain how you were banned for a bs reason ;)

TheFancyWhale

✵ Plugin Developer ✵
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I meant, were you banned by a Developer or Hypixel himself (The owner)
EDIT: What is your IGN?
To be honest I don't know. Some lead developer saw the plugin I posted online and I was banned a couple days later, but I don't really know the people at Hypixel.
Best thing to do is just to start recreating all their plugins and publishing them for free (or paid?)
And with every plugin you publish explain how you were banned for a bs reason ;)
Haha if I had time to recreate all of hypixel's plugins I would. I would try to recreate every server's plugins but I just don't have time for that. Maybe I will recreate one of their more unique games though one of these days ;) You never know

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.