WeeSkilz

Developer | Indoor Enthusiast
Premium
Reactions
Resources
MineSMS

minesms1080.jpg

What does it do?

MineSMS is a unique plugin that allows you to send text messages to a player's phone via a command in Minecraft. This will aid the communication between players as it will allow you to contact a player who is not on the server without knowing anything more than their username.

Why would I want it?

With all of the recent concern about the EULA and rules surrounding it, MineSMS is a way to get money for your server. Without changing any of your server's gameplay, this plugin is purely cosmetic. As a result this will aid you to cover your server costs while completely complying with the regulations. You can set the price that players pay for credit on your server, allowing you complete control over pricing.

Won't it take a lot of effort to configure it on every server that I own?

Not at all. The MineSMS plugin only needs a single variable configured, your unique authentication key for your account. You don't need to set up databases or anything. I take care of the entire backend of the plugin on a server that I host.

How many times will you sell it?

I can sell this once, for more money, or I can license it for less. It depends on what offers are made.

Will it cost me to run it?

Due to the charges involved in sending messages globally, there is a small fee per text message. In response to this we have created two options for you:

If you have a small server, you can pay for a message bundle - crediting your account with a certain number of text messages.

If you are a larger server who wishes to buy this plugin outright to maximise the profit margins on it, you can optionally buy the code that runs the backend for an increased price. This means that you make 100% of the money your users pay (after the deduction of the cost of messaging).

Can I see it in action?

Yes, you can! Just message me on Skype (connor99509) or send me a PM to get the IP of the server to test it on.

Pricing

Post below with an idea of the price you would like to pay, whether it would be for the entire codebase or just the plugin and if you would want it to be exclusive, or if you would want to buy a license.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Matt

#Attractive
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Nice Job this is really detailed and informative thread! GLWS

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Wow seems like a pretty nifty plugin.

I'll be contacting you later to see it live.

Banned forever. Reason: Leaking personal information/Framing another user

Angelz

Squid ☄
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Do you think we could get a video or something to see exactly how all of this works for a normal users ---> admin
It would really draw more customers in to actually seeing it work.

Banned forever. Reason: Doxing

WeeSkilz

Premium
Reactions
Resources
I do not want to use a video that I made myself as it would not be to the perfect standard that I like things to be finished to.

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
cat-interesting.jpg

Basically user A sets his # discretely ingame with a command, then user B can send them an SMS via another command without having either person # exposed?

Is this one way messaging, ingame -> SMS, or can the person receiving the text respond and have it relayed to the person who initiated the convo?

The backend is all handled by you. What happens if you get bored of the project, or run out of resources, or just can no longer maintain your obligation? Is there a backup plan so whoever buys this will be able to continue the service? disregard, guess the last part kinda explains this.

Banned forever. Reason: Excessive violations of rules

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I personally believe that you should post this as a paid resource and create some type of GUID system for this so people can't steal it.

I think it's much better then selling it once.

WeeSkilz

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Basically user A sets his # discretely ingame with a command, then user B can send them an SMS via another command without having either person # exposed?

Is this one way messaging, ingame -> SMS, or can the person receiving the text respond and have it relayed to the person who initiated the convo?
1) Correct, at no point does any user know any other user's number.
2) Currently it is, otherwise each user would need a unique number which is rather expensive at $1 per month.

I personally believe that you should post this as a paid resource and create some type of GUID system for this so people can't steal it.

I think it's much better then selling it once.
I never thought of that option, thanks. I don't quite understand what you mean by GUID though, could you please clarify?

Logical Solutions™

|| Xenforo Guru ||
Banned
Reactions
Resources
1) Correct, at no point does any user know any other user's number.
2) Currently it is, otherwise each user would need a unique number which is rather expensive at $1 per month.

I never thought of that option, thanks. I don't quite understand what you mean by GUID though, could you please clarify?

A GUID is just something I know of from a very long time ago. It's a unique identifier so people can't spread their work.

You add a class to the plugin that checks for a unique ID in id.yml, if there is no ID or the ID doesn't match those of one in the DB, then the plugin won't load. You also add a check so if the ID is being used on a server that is currently online (plugin enabled, therefore id.yml is being read), it won't load.

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Interesting and cool concept, but SMS is such a dying tech :|

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
I personally prefer sms/mms over 3rd party apps to be quite honest. It's functionality that is built in.

Liam1

Sexy beast
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Banned forever. Reason: Attacking MC-Market.

WeeSkilz

Premium
Reactions
Resources
That plugin has not been updated in over a year and from the comments it is no longer funtional.

The main issue with textplayer is that it does not provide global coverage, if you wanted to text someone who is on an unsupported carrier then there is absolutely no way you can.

This plugin supports almost every country in the world, regardless of carrier.

Also, since http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/textplayer/ is alerts, would this all be on your side then? If so, I think it'd be a good idea to pay monthly for a small fee, like some phone contracts rather than for the plugin.
Could you clarify on what you mean by alerts all being on my side please. I don't want to provide an inaccurate answer.

pixelbat

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Is there ways to have it tap into other methods of contact? I noticed Textplayer can also email the person.

WeeSkilz

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Is there ways to have it tap into other methods of contact? I noticed Textplayer can also email the person.
I could add this functionality if the buyer desired. If you are interested in it, when asking for a quote please mention that you would like that feature added.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.