Mitigating DDoS Attacks -

Status
This thread has been locked.

Wut

Supreme
Reactions
Resources
So,

How can you mitigate an attack? How can you track an attack? Who offers the best services for these types of things?

Also, some explanations of how attacks work would help to give me a greater understanding of how to avoid being affected by them.

Thanks in advance,
Harry.

Edit: When should i worry about getting an attack enough to implement these ideas? Is there a certain player base you guys recommend? (obviously if i'm buying ads i want that.)

JJDAHM1

Basic Bitch
Banned
Reactions
Resources
For the player base it depends. I've had servers that have get hit with a player base of 20. Been hit with a player base of 150. It all depends on the community. I'd reccomend once thr player count doesn't drop below 30 I'd reccomend getting protection.

Banned forever. Reason: Community Harrassment.

Jesse

Prodity Services
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Totally agree with JJDAHM1 - Definitely depends on your community.

I'd start out with a service like OVH (Which offers protection out of the box, permanent or automatic, depending on which service you get), and grow out to a dedicated protection plan once you've got the growth to do so.

Wut

Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Thanks for your responses guys, If anyone could help me out with this last thing i'd be very grateful:

Also, some explanations of how attacks work would help to give me a greater understanding of how to avoid being affected by them.

Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.