Status
This thread has been locked.

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Hi,

So I'm using Shockbyte right now (while I'm developing this server) - I've ordered 3GB RAM, and for some reason the maximum RAM keeps changing and so does the allocated RAM. The TPS is also very low (6.51) - using 20 [small] plugins - none of them are actually doing anything, they're just installed on the server.

dfa0019fe3c8dfcb5703ae5d7f8e8230.png

I'm very confused - what is going on here? Why do I not have 3GB RAM, and why is it lagging so much?

I know, noob question but here goes.

Thanks,
Platon.

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

Rezz

Reactions
Resources
My host is very similar in that the allocated memory is always at 1gb despite my plan being 4gb. Apparently the allocated memory raises as it's needed (which it will occasionally). This is probably common on most shared hosts.

The lag could be an issue with other people's shared servers hogging resources, or something else of that nature.

The tps in your screenshot looks perfect, does it dip to 6 tps often?

Nic

Legendary
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
It gives you what you need.. So if you bought 5GB, You're probably getting 3GB

Snipper

Premium
Reactions
Resources
It will allocate more ram is needed but won't go over the 3gb you ordered. Kind of odd though why it is lagging, my Shockbyte servers rarely lag, and when they do, it's my fault :p

Maybe make a support ticket and they can take a look

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
It gives you what you need.. So if you bought 5GB, You're probably getting 3GB
So thats why it was running on 6-7 TPS, because it gave me what I needed? ;)

Pixel

Premium
Reactions
Resources
It was running on 20 TPS, according to your screenshot.[DOUBLEPOST=1424461281,1424461247][/DOUBLEPOST]Besides, CPU MOSTLY INFLUENCES THE TPS, NOT MEMORY. OKAY?

Xeron

Digital Artist
Premium
Reactions
Resources
It was running on 20 TPS, according to your screenshot.[DOUBLEPOST=1424461281,1424461247][/DOUBLEPOST]Besides, CPU MOSTLY INFLUENCES THE TPS, NOT MEMORY. OKAY?
Oh boy, trust me it just randomly changes - 99% of the time its on 6-7 (it was on 20 when I stopped all plugins except the essentials and some scoreboard plugin, as well as typing /stoplag). Its running on an E5 something.

Potrock

Server Manager and Owner
Premium
Reactions
Resources
RAM isn't the only thing that matters.
Any errors in console?

Shift Hosting

Reactions
Resources
The Allocated Ram is just how much it has used, so basically if your server goes up to 1 GB it will change your allocated ram to 1 GB, and so on so forth, this way you aren't constantly allocating the full 3 GB, and it is only at 2,700 MB because none of the hosts give a real 3 GB. What you really should do is go on your server, and do "/timings on". Then wait about 5-10 minutes and do "/timings paste", and put the link it gives you here on MC-Market. This will allow us to see exactly what is causing the lag. Thanks!

rexs123

Web Developer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Switchbladed, I would also recommend submitting a ticket. But as i see your main issue is that your server is getting the "full" 3GB but Minecraft is silly. You can have "3072MB". but ingame Essentials will only show a so much. *I'm not sure what/how that works.

My recommendation to you would be contacting shock byte. Get them do do a system check for memory leaks, and or over-loading on a CPU.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.