Chargeback Tips?

Status
This thread has been locked.

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Does anybody have tips and tricks to win a paypal chargeback? I'm the one charging back and it's not for a serve rsetup that I recently bought. Should I actually explain the facts to Paypal and try to win the dispute or use the VPN method? Thanks for your time.

Notes:
- I clearly told the seller that I was the only person with this setup and later I found out that a few others have it.
- $205 was what I sent him
- Sent through Friends and Family

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Why would you send through friends and family? Also, I suggest calling paypal. However, this really is your fault if you say you are paying family and friends.
Yeah it was a stupid decision on my part but I've heard that it's still possible to win the case. Does calling help any more than writing up a case?

TheFancyWhale

✵ Plugin Developer ✵
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Yeah it was a stupid decision on my part but I've heard that it's still possible to win the case. Does calling help any more than writing up a case?
I can't speak for paypal but I would guess yes especially for intangible goods where you can easily explain what happened, rather than typing it out. However, you will have trouble regardless simply because of the family/friends thing.

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
I can't speak for paypal but I would guess yes especially for intangible goods where you can easily explain what happened, rather than typing it out. However, you will have trouble regardless simply because of the family/friends thing.
Alright thanks but I've heard the VPN method works regardless of the type of payment.

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#13
f1159b2.png

For virtual goods (intangible items) there is no buyer protection.
So unless you do make an unauthorized payment claim, there is 0% chance you can win, unless the seller decides to manually refund you in the dispute.
Even if you call them and explain, they will still just tell you to open a dispute.
VPN method as I described to you before is really the only way.

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Then why did you make a thread if you know that? xD
I've never had to do a chargeback in my life so I wanted to make sure my facts were right and that there were other methods in going about doing this

Nighterblde

Well-Respected Member
Banned
Reactions
Resources
Does anybody have tips and tricks to win a paypal chargeback? I'm the one charging back and it's not for a serve rsetup that I recently bought. Should I actually explain the facts to Paypal and try to win the dispute or use the VPN method? Thanks for your time.

Notes:
- I clearly told the seller that I was the only person with this setup and later I found out that a few others have it.
- $205 was what I sent him
- Sent through Friends and Family
Unauthorized payment is your best bet tbh, if you didn't pay under a diff ip or VPN, you're pretty much fucked.

Banned forever. Reason: Community harassment + Multi-accounting

okc

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Anybody know the consequences of losing an unauthorized claim?

Wottsits12345

Reactions
Resources
ebola

Jack

Retired Moderator
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Anybody know the consequences of losing an unauthorized claim?
Pretty sure if the payment IP / unauthorized claim IP don't match it's basically instant refund.
If they decide to investigate, they will probably deny your dispute and that's basically it..?

Also, the longer you wait / if you make any payments after the 'unauthorized' payment, probably won't work as well as if you did it ASAP.

Status
This thread has been locked.
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.