Proton Servers Host - Looking for feedback

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello!

I am the Director of Proton Servers Host and am looking for feedback primarily regarding the following aspects:
If you have any other feedback feel free to list them. We would love to hear your feedback on what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve.

I look forward to any replies! :)

Links:
Website URL: https://protonservershost.com
Portal URL: https://portal.protonservershost.com
Discord Invite Link : https://discord.gg/43C8Q97
Status Page: https://status.protonservershost.com
Trustpilot: https://trustpilot.com/review/protonservershost.com

ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

callmoo

Premium
Reactions
Resources
Hey!

To give some constructive criticism...
  • Website design is a bit bland, looks like a very basic template and doesn't really hold my interest. To be honest, there are quite a few things wrong with the website, maybe best just starting that again from scratch, and making a matching WHMCS theme.
  • Website pricing page is a bit of a mess, would be better to separate each category of product rather than just rows and rows of products, easier to find what you are looking for.
  • WHMCS product descriptions are excessive, it's a wall of text and off-putting for new customers who may not be technically minded. Best to list the important features.
  • Knowledgebase is impressive and incredibly thorough, I know how long it takes to put those together so well done.
  • MCM thread is poor, the coloured text is gross and really doesn't stand out amongst the other very impressive threads on here.
Generally, you need to work on your branding and imagery some more. Especially seeing as the logo on your status page hasn't even got a transparent background.

If you want me to go more in-depth or need any help with my suggestions, add me on Discord, happy to explain further. Callum#0205

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello callmoo

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Website design is a bit bland, looks like a very basic template and doesn't really hold my interest. To be honest, there are quite a few things wrong with the website, maybe best just starting that again from scratch, and making a matching WHMCS theme.
Our web development team has already started working on a redesign of our website since our website design has not been changed in a while. I will go ahead and Direct message you on Discord to seek more in-depth feedback of what you were looking for on the website and pass those suggestions on to the developers.

Website pricing page is a bit of a mess, would be better to separate each category of product rather than just rows and rows of products, easier to find what you are looking for.
I agree. Will get this implemented as soon as possible on the current website and will make sure to have it incorporated in the redesigned version of the website too.

• WHMCS product descriptions are excessive, it's a wall of text and off-putting for new customers who may not be technically minded. Best to list the important features.
Our team thought it was a good idea to have the important features listed on the website while having the complete technical specification listed on the WHMCS so it would be helpful for both types of customers.

• Knowledgebase is impressive and incredibly thorough, I know how long it takes to put those together so well done.
Thank you!

• MCM thread is poor, the coloured text is gross and really doesn't stand out amongst the other very impressive threads on here.
I will try recruiting a thread designer to have this redone.

Especially seeing as the logo on your status page hasn't even got a transparent background.
We had actually tried the transparent logo of our banner on our status page as you can see in the screenshot but since that did not really go along with the page we decided to use the light background banner.
1644170235978.png

Once again greatly appreciate you taking time to check us out and provide detailed feedback!

Last edited:

PepijnWeijers

Techno1Monkey
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
  1. Website looks cool, but the moment I visite the website I don't know what you sell. Say it in the title, big: WEBHOSTING
  2. .com $13.99/yr .net $13.99/yr .org $13.99/yr - cool, but I want to click on it or smth, it's just prices floating there.
  3. Our Services - these cards are everywhere, it's like the gravity is turned off on your website
  4. Enjoy Preconfigured Setups or Full Control. - remove the image, you don't need it
  5. the footer is a little empty, but that's fine
  6. when you go to the pricing page the title of the navbar also changes to price, and you can't navigate back to the homepage with it.
  7. For your WHMCS, maybe use a cheap cool looking theme
  8. MCM thread, hire someone who can make a thread design for your company.
  9. Yes, I'm on my chromebook, but what happened here?
    1644921450334.png

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello PepijnWeijers

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Website looks cool, but the moment I visite the website I don't know what you sell. Say it in the title, big: WEBHOSTING
We are trying to make it clearer in the redesigned version of our website as to what we sell. But to clarify we not only sell Web Hosting, but we also offer Reseller Web Hosting, Discord Bot Hosting and Cloud storage.

1. Our Services - these cards are everywhere, it's like the gravity is turned off on your website
Makes sense, we will have this component removed so that it is not excessively used on our website.

1. .com $13.99/yr .net $13.99/yr .org $13.99/yr - cool, but I want to click on it or smth, it's just prices floating there.
We will have this component removed since a few months ago we decided to stop offering domains.
Enjoy Preconfigured Setups or Full Control. - remove the image, you don't need it
Any specific reason as to why you want us to remove the image? I believe the image was placed there to prevent the website from looking slightly bland.
  1. the footer is a little empty, but that's fine
In the redesigned version of the website this would include important links.
  1. when you go to the pricing page the title of the navbar also changes to price, and you can't navigate back to the homepage with it.
This is something which was done intentionally on all pages but since a lot of people have mentioned this to us, we will replace that with our component with our banner which when clicked redirects to the homepage.

1. For your WHMCS, maybe use a cheap cool looking theme
Will do.
  1. MCM thread, hire someone who can make a thread design for your company.
Any suggestions you could provide as to who we could recruit to get this done?
  1. Yes, I'm on my chromebook, but what happened here?
    1644921450334.png
This seems to be a bug; we will have this resolved as soon as possible.

Once again greatly appreciate you taking time to check us out and provide detailed feedback

Last edited:

Gunny

キング
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Hello!

I am the Director of Proton Servers Host and am looking for feedback primarily regarding the following aspects:
If you have any other feedback feel free to list them. We would love to hear your feedback on what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve.

I look forward to any replies! :)

Links:
Website URL: https://protonservershost.com
Portal URL: https://portal.protonservershost.com
Discord Invite Link : https://discord.gg/43C8Q97
Status Page: https://status.protonservershost.com
Trustpilot: https://trustpilot.com/review/protonservershost.com
Even as a domain reseller, those prices are relatively high... It would be more preferable for a client to go with a 3rd party registrar as prices would be lower and most likely a better control panel. Especially with Cloudflare recently allowing domain registration.

I would potentially look at hiring someone to make a whmcs app to go with namecheaps API. It may be a little more costly for initial investment but will return more later on. Additionally, it would lower costs with everyone.

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Even as a domain reseller, those prices are relatively high... It would be more preferable for a client to go with a 3rd party registrar as prices would be lower and most likely a better control panel. Especially with Cloudflare recently allowing domain registration.

I would potentially look at hiring someone to make a whmcs app to go with namecheaps API. It may be a little more costly for initial investment but will return more later on. Additionally, it would lower costs with everyone.
Hello Gunny

Thank you for your feedback.

We actually stopped selling domains a few months ago since we thought it was best for the users to purchase domains from ICANN accredited registrars than a domain reseller like us as they would have more control over their domains while having the domain and hosting separated, which in general is a good practice.
We understand that this approach might be slightly challenging for users who are not very technical and are just looking to get their website online but we have an extremely detailed knowledgebase that could be used or a support team waiting to help just a few clicks away.

But I agree with you, with the recent entry of Cloudflare in domain registrations industry with no markup, our prices were high and hence we are not offering domain registrations anymore. The prices of domain registrations will be removed from our website by the end of this month which is when we endeavor to complete the re-design of our website.

Last edited:

ttvobliviator123

Reactions
Resources
Ok 3 things that I know helped a friend of mine who is a hoster ALOT is
A) have a test server. not a public one. like give people a 6G or so test server to try out for 2 days or so.
This will remove negative reviews etc while getting more people to buy your servers as people will get used to having one.
WARNING - Have hosting staff manually approve each order or otherwise people WILL exploit it. However the pro's are really good.

B)
Dark mode pls I beg

C)
add widget bot and have people who are willing to help customers out with their servers :D this means people in your website can message straight through that without having to switch to discord.
I am one person who is willing to help customers with their servers.
DM me if interested obliviator123#2676

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello ttvobliviator123

A) have a test server. not a public one. like give people a 6G or so test server to try out for 2 days or so.
This will remove negative reviews etc while getting more people to buy your servers as people will get used to having one.
WARNING - Have hosting staff manually approve each order or otherwise people WILL exploit it. However the pro's are really good.
To clarify we do not sell servers at the moment and only offer web hosting, reseller web hosting, discord bot hosting and cloud storage but I do agree with you on the fact that it is a good idea to provide free trials for a few days so that users can try out the service as well as experience the performance before purchasing a service. This is already something we have implemented though and you can find free trials for most of the products we offer at https://portal.protonservershost.com/index.php/store/free-trials

B)
Dark mode pls I beg
This is something that is being worked on in the re-design version of our website that is being built from ground up and we aim to finish it by the end of this month.

C)
add widget bot and have people who are willing to help customers out with their servers :D this means people in your website can message straight through that without having to switch to discord.
We already have WidgetBot implemented on our website and are more than willing to help help customers through this if customers find this easy to use. Our primary support platform for billing, sales and support is tickets on our portal at https://portal.protonservershost.com though since we work with complex issues on the website.

ttvobliviator123

Reactions
Resources
Hello ttvobliviator123

To clarify we do not sell servers at the moment and only offer web hosting, reseller web hosting, discord bot hosting and cloud storage but I do agree with you on the fact that it is a good idea to provide free trials for a few days so that users can try out the service as well as experience the performance before purchasing a service. This is already something we have implemented though and you can find free trials for most of the products we offer at https://portal.protonservershost.com/index.php/store/free-trials

This is something that is being worked on in the re-design version of our website that is being built from ground up and we aim to finish it by the end of this month.

We already have WidgetBot implemented on our website and are more than willing to help help customers through this if customers find this easy to use. Our primary support platform for billing, sales and support is tickets on our portal at https://portal.protonservershost.com though since we work with complex issues on the website.
Sounds like you have everything covered then :D

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello all,
We've heard your feedback & made some changes to Proton Servers Host!

1) Website at https://protonservershost.com has been re-designed from ground up accommodating most of the feedback to simplify and make it even easier for you to engage on website.
2) WHMCS at https://portal.protonservershost.com now has a new look.
3) Our MC-Market thread at https://www.mc-market.org/threads/647695 now has a thread design rather than text description.
4) Theme switcher has been implemented on our website since it was a popular request (We do not have any plans to implement theme switcher on our WHMCS)
5) We have made changes to our banner so that the background is transparent and it blends well with most backgrounds.

Take a look, test out these changes and let us know what you think!

Thank you for sending us your feedback, we are listening and taking action!

cc: callmoo PepijnWeijers Gunny ttvobliviator123

Last edited:

UvitaCodes

Designer & developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
I really like your main website, looks clean!

But maybe add a favicon to the website, to have a more professional look, and try to make the WHMCS theme with the same colors as the main website, in whcms you use white + red colors, but on your site you use white (and blue-ish) + blue.

That's just my opinion though, the site looks amazing :D

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello UvitaCodes

Thank you for your feedback!

Very glad to hear you like our re-designed website!

We actually have a favicon on all our pages, but if you could kindly let me know on which specific page you are not able to see it I will take a look and fix it.
I agree that it would look better if the WHMCS theme matched the color scheme as our main website. I will have this implemented within the next few hours.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback!

UvitaCodes

Designer & developer
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Hello UvitaCodes

Thank you for your feedback!

We actually have a favicon on all our pages, but if you could kindly let me know on which specific page you are not able to see it I will take a look and fix it.
I agree that it would look better if the WHMCS theme matched the color scheme as our main website. I will have this implemented within the next few hours.

On your main site. It's not my cache,

:D
1647276362937.png

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello UvitaCodes

Just wanted to provide a quick update, the favicon has now been fixed.
I did change the color scheme of our WHMCS theme based on your suggestion but after a discussion with our UI designer we had to revert to the old one since this theme did not look as appealing to the eye.

Here are a few screenshots that I had taken when the temporary theme change was made:
Capture-1.jpeg
Capture-2.jpeg
Capture-3.jpeg
Capture-4.jpeg
Capture-5.jpeg
Capture-6.jpeg
Capture-7.jpeg

WorldLyf

Reactions
Resources
Hey!

To give some constructive criticism...
  • Website design is a bit bland, looks like a very basic template and doesn't really hold my interest. To be honest, there are quite a few things wrong with the website, maybe best just starting that again from scratch, and making a matching WHMCS theme.
  • Website pricing page is a bit of a mess, would be better to separate each category of product rather than just rows and rows of products, easier to find what you are looking for.
Generally, you need to work on your branding and imagery some more. Especially seeing as the logo on your status page hasn't even got a transparent background.

If you want me to go more in-depth or need any help with my suggestions, add me on Discord, happy to explain further. Callum#0205
I think that the portal and main website theme should match. On the main website the header is a darker blue and on the portal I thought I was taken to a different website because of how far off the color scheme is.
I actually really like the main website design, I think there is a bit too much information right when you open the website. I don't really need to see all of that and it is a bit overwhelming.

VirtualHorror

Reactions
Resources
Hello WorldLyf

My apologies for the delayed response, I haven't been very active on MC-Market lately.

I think that the portal and main website theme should match. On the main website the header is a darker blue and on the portal I thought I was taken to a different website because of how far off the color scheme is.
I completely agree.
I have gone ahead and added this to our to-do list but I am unable to provide an estimate on when this would be complete since it's slightly complex to implement a theme switcher on WHMCS (the software being used by our portal).

I actually really like the main website design, I think there is a bit too much information right when you open the website. I don't really need to see all of that and it is a bit overwhelming.
Is there anything specific you could suggest we remove to make it less overwhelming? I can pass on the suggestions to my team who can review it and make changes.
We tried to add as much information as possible to the website so that visitors could get complete information if they require it.

Last edited:
You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.