Looking for a Developer to make a Desktop App

MattsWorld

Entrepreneur
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Hi,

We're searching for a developer capable of making a Desktop App version of our Website App, which is already developed - we would like for it to be done in Electron JS if possible—looking for experienced individuals only. We are willing to pay and must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Please contact me directly on Discord: Matty#0210

Looking forward to meeting you,
Matty.

Type
Requesting
Provided by
Individual
Language
  1. JavaScript
  2. Other
ReliableSite: Dedicated Servers

TigerYT

Software Engineer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Who are you? What's in it for me? Why should I put time and effort into the project? Why will the app succeed? What is the desktop app's general idea (I'm aware an NDA is in the conversation here but I need to know why I'm signing an NDA in the first place).

There's a lot of unanswered questions here.

MattsWorld

Entrepreneur
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Who are you? What's in it for me? Why should I put time and effort into the project? Why will the app succeed? What is the desktop app's general idea (I'm aware an NDA is in the conversation here but I need to know why I'm signing an NDA in the first place).

There's a lot of unanswered questions here.
Hi TigerYT,

Thank you for viewing my thread. The basic details of course, like my organization, and details of the commission are disclosed before signing a digital binding non-disclosure agreement with my company. The position is paid, and we're flexible with terms and budgets. You would need to contact me for more information, directly.

Thank you,
Matty.

TigerYT

Software Engineer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Hi TigerYT,

Thank you for viewing my thread. The basic details of course, like my organization, and details of the commission are disclosed before signing a digital binding non-disclosure agreement with my company. The position is paid, and we're flexible with terms and budgets. You would need to contact me for more information, directly.

Thank you,
Matty.
Sounds like a bad investment: to sign a legal document without any information.

I'd suggest you release some basic information on the project for example, just "It's a unique desktop application for game enthusiasts" would be enough (but it would be the bare minimum).

Most NDAs are signed because they have a promise behind it, maybe you're signing for the Alpha edition of a new game (usually by a well-known brand) or perhaps you're signing to be apart of the development a brand new technology (again, usually by a well-known brand). But in this case, we don't know anything about the project in question so signing a NDA is a risk.

MattsWorld

Entrepreneur
Premium
Reactions
Resources
Sounds like a bad investment: to sign a legal document without any information.

I'd suggest you release some basic information on the project for example, just "It's a unique desktop application for game enthusiasts" would be enough (but it would be the bare minimum).

Most NDAs are signed because they have a promise behind it, maybe you're signing for the Alpha edition of a new game (usually by a well-known brand) or perhaps you're signing to be apart of the development a brand new technology (again, usually by a well-known brand). But in this case, we don't know anything about the project in question so signing a NDA is a risk.
Well,

Thank you for taking the time to explain your take on it. Although we do things similarly around here from "well-known brands", who have similar requirements, we take secrecy on how our team operates very seriously to ensure best practices and that our intellectual property is not stolen or revealed publicly, no matter if it's big or small, to keep aligned with our best interests - but we have already have had a lot of interest in the development for this particular project and are going to continue to move forward with one of the developers who have contacted us.

Thread Viewers: If anyone else is interested in putting in your bid, you can contact me for more information. Although, we will be closing this in a few days once accepting a developer's bid.

Discord: Matty#0210

Last edited:

TigerYT

Software Engineer
Supreme
Reactions
Resources
Well,

Thank you for taking the time to explain your take on it. Although we do things similarly around here from "well-known brands", who have similar requirements, we take secrecy on how our team operates very seriously to ensure best practices and that our intellectual property is not stolen or revealed publicly, no matter if it's big or small, to keep aligned with our best interests - but we have already have had a lot of interest in the development for this particular project and are going to continue to move forward with one of the developers who have contacted us.

Thread Viewers: If anyone else is interested in putting in your bid, you can contact me for more information. Although, we will be closing this in a few days once accepting a developer's bid.

Discord: Matty#0210
That's respectable, "you do you" as they say. Thank you for explaining and I hope everything goes well. (y)

You need to upgrade!
Our dark style is reserved for our Premium members. Upgrade here.